Chapter 14

Isla inhaled sharply "Seriously, that literally just happened, we were talking!" she shook her head

Pierre raised an eyebrow and looked at her. "You move quick" he said with a scoff.

"Don't even start" She said sharply back "Nothing happened, we were talking about the press conference, can people just give me a break?" She said exasperated.

Sarah cleared her throat "I'm sorry to say Isla, but as a female, the media will always think your motive is love or heartbreak, I wish that wasn't the case, but it is the reality" she said.

Isla sank in her chair and threw her hands up and crossed them over her chest. "So what do I need to do?" She asked

"Let your driving do the talking, stay out of the media for a couple days till this all blows over" Sarah instructed Isla as she looked at Heather, who took the cue to make sure she was paying attention to Isla's plans this weekend. Isla noticed the look Sarah gave Heather. "I don't need a babysitter," She said indignantly.

"Not babysat, you just need to be careful with who you are seen with this weekend" She said and it sounded a bit like a warning to Isla.

Isla just nodded.

The meeting quickly wrapped up and Heather and Pierre's Manager Ivan went to talk to Sarah. Pierre and Isla were left sitting at the table. "Are you sure you still want to come out tonight?" Asked Pierre

"Ya, I still want to, just need to avoid any 'drama'" she said with sarcastic air quotes around the word drama.

Pierre laughed "Sounds good, How about we all walk together to the restaurant, I can meet you in the lobby of the hotel in 2 hours?" He asked

"Sounds good" She smiled, ''We all? I guess a group outing won't be any drama if photos are taken she thought to herself
Isla and Heather walked back to the hotel. Isla said her goodbyes and went to her room to get ready. She threw on some jeans, a black off the shoulder top and some heels. She threw her hair up into a ponytail.

She looked in the mirror one last time before heading down to meet Pierre

She looked in the mirror one last time before heading down to meet Pierre. She stepped out of the elevator. There he was waiting... With the blonde from Milan. Isla smiled at them in greeting, and realized this is what Pierre meant by "all walking together".

"Hi I'm Isla" She said extending her hand to the blonde.

The blonde just looked at her and half smiled then looked away. Isla turned to Pierre "Should we get going?" Isla asked

Pierre nodded and they set off through the door, the group was chatting about the weather. Katerina started taking selfies. Pierre fell back to talk with Isla, leaving Katerina ahead of them with her camera out.

"Glad to see you guys have now officially met," Pierre said. "Katerina is my girlfriend." He said quickly and a little unconvincingly, gesturing towards the blonde.