Chapter 3 - Big Changes

Today was the big day! Isla had so many thoughts racing through her head. She loaded all of her bags into the back of her brother's car and they headed off to the Heathrow airport.
They pulled up to the international departures, and Eric got out to help unload all of Isla's luggage.

"Knock 'em dead" Eric said as he pulled Isla into one final hug.

"You know I will" Isla Smirked back

She gathered her bags onto a luggage cart and made her way to check in and go through security.

The plane ride was over before she knew it and she was grabbing her carry on from under the seat in front of her. She made her way towards the baggage claim, trying her best to follow the Italian signs.

She stepped onto the escalator to take her down to the baggage claim area, when she saw a crowd of people holding signs. She then noticed a nice looking older blonde lady holding a sign that said "Rowley".

Isla was shocked, she didn't expect to have someone to pick her up, as she already had the address she was going to be meeting Graham to start the apartment hunt.

The lady smiled as Isla walked towards her "Hi, my name is Heather" The lady said as she extended her hand to greet Isla.

"Hi, I'm Isla. I wasn't aware I would have someone picking me up" She said
"Oh we have a car waiting for us, how else would we expect to get our new driver around safely" Heather smiled. "I guess I should formally introduce myself, I am Heather Collins and I am your Driver Manager while you are here with AlphaTauri" She smiled

"Wait, you are Heather COLLINS?" Isla stammered "The Heather Collins? You are who I wanted to be when I  grew up. The best F3 racer there was. You paved the way for me getting started in racing."

"You are too kind" Heather smiled "Lets get your bags and get started. We can talk more in the car"
The conveyor belt started to rattle and the bags started flowing down the line. Isla grabbed her bags, loaded them onto the cart and followed heather to the car. Isla was shocked to see she had her own driver to take her and Heather to meet Graham. The drive was gorgeous and took them about an hour to get into Milan to the address where Graham was waiting. During the drive Heather talked about her time in F3 and how she was able to break barriers as one of the first female to drive professionally. Isla tried to soak up as much as she could before the car slowed down in front of an apartment building.
Graham was there waiting; he smiled as the car pulled up and he opened the door for the ladies to get out.

"Hi Heather, and Hello Ms. Rowley, it's great to meet you in person." Graham shook Islas' hand. "We have a lot to do today. Let's get started!" He turned quickly and headed into the apartment building.

The three of them headed into the brick apartment building very similar to Bridgets on the outside. Except for the inside, it was stunning with black and white marbled floors that led to a glass elevator that looked over the private courtyard/garden that was in the middle of the building. Islas jaw dropped. She couldn't believe she was now looking at apartment buildings in a place like this.

They exited at the 5th floor and headed towards apartment 516. Graham knocked quickly on the dark wood door. They waited a couple minutes and the door swung open.
The man who opened the door was rubbing his eyes and still pulling on a shirt over his head.

"Morning Pierre" Graham said slyly while looking at his watch,

Pierre laughed "I have one more week before my training schedule starts early again" He then looked up and made eye contact with Isla. He didn't say anything, just looked at her intently. Islas' heart fluttered as this was the first time meeting an F1 driver in person. Well she had history with George Russell, but he wasn't an F1 driver at the time, so Isla thought that didn't count.

Pierre's eyes went back to Graham without a word to Isla. Heather coughed "Pierre, this is Isla Rowley. Your new teammate" she said

"Oh" said Pierre as his eyes quickly met Islas then flitted away again. "Nice to meet you" he said while looking just past her.

Isla was confused. She just met him, and he seems to dislike her already. Isla said nothing, ignoring the rude gesture from her new teammate, just nodded and looked at Graham.

"So, apartment hunting?" she asked somewhat impatiently.

Graham noticed the tension that had appeared in the air. "I thought Pierre could help us make some recommendations" Graham said.

Pierre scoffed, "I am still technically on holiday break. I'd rather not"

Graham seemed surprised. "Okay, understandable Pierre, we will leave you be." He said and turned and led Heather and Isla back to the street outside.

Heather smiled "Don't worry about Isla, I am pretty sure he is still just shocked about his friend Yuki moving to a new team. They were pretty close" she said sympathetically. "He should come around soon."

"I'd honestly rather not risk a bad relationship with him, don't all F1 drivers live in Monaco?" Isla asked Heather and Graham.

"They do," Said Heather. "I actually live there myself and just rent here when I'm needed in Milan" She looked at Graham "It honestly might be best for the team if we give Pierre some space while he gets used to the idea of having a new teammate"

"You might have a good point there" Graham said "Luckily we do have a rental apartment here for staff" He added

"You mean the one I'm currently staying in?" Heather questioned Graham.

"Oh right, there is a second bedroom right? Would you be okay with Isla staying with you while you get ready for the season. Then you two can go to Monaco to find a place after Isla gets trained by our technical staff?" He proposed

Heather nodded and smiled "I'd love to, if Isla is okay with it, we can get a lot more things accomplished before the season" She looked eagerly at Isla

Isla smiled and nodded "That would be lovely, I know I can learn alot from you".

So they turned around and headed back up the gorgeous elevator and  again they left the elevator on floor 5 and walked back to what seemed to be Pierre's apartment but it turns out the rental apartment was across the hallway from his place. Isla rolled her eyes when she looked at Pierre's door and loaded her bags into the apartment.

Authors Note: Please Vote or Comment to let me know what you're thinking of the story!