Chapter 15

George put an arm on her shoulder "You seem tense" he whispered

Isla shook her head. "I'm fine, totally fine" she said trying to convince herself of that.

"Well isn't this cute, couples having dinner together" Charlotte said sweetly. Gesturing at the others at the table.

Isla pursed her lips. The waiter came by and placed her wine in front of her. She took a big drink and placed it back down.

Isla immediately stood up as she had to go somewhere quick. She needed fresh air. She walked straight outside to the street.

She started to pace, she started mumbling to herself "I can't believe it, I am the other woman, I helped a man cheat on his girlfriend. I am awful" she kept repeating that to herself until the door to the restaurant opened

George emerged and walked right over to Isla and placed his hands on her upper arms and looked at her in the eyes. "I can tell when you aren't okay, you aren't okay" He said looking concerned

"Honestly, I'm fine, my anxiety got the better of me for no reason" she said quickly

"Okay I'm here for you if you ever need anything, Can we go back inside?" He asked sweetly.

"Please, but you will need to lead the way," She said. George grabbed her hand and he led her into the restaurant and back to the table. When they returned Charlotte was hanging on Charles' shoulder and laughing at something rather obnoxiously.

Charles looked up and noticed George holding Isla's hand and his eyes flickered up to Isla's and then away.

Isla had to sit at this dinner and pretend like she was fine, She was thankful for George being there. She spent the rest of the night talking to George trying to ignore Charlotte throwing herself at Charles. Everyone paid their bills. The group headed out to the street.

Katerina gave Pierre a kiss on the cheek "Thanks for dinner" She said as she kissed him.

Charlotte leaned in to kiss Charles, but he stepped away. "Oh Chars, just one kiss" She whined

Isla inhaled sharply "On that note, I have to go, I have an early morning tomorrow. But don't be a party pooper charles, give your girlfriend a kiss" She said rather aggressively

Charles just looked at her, she could see he was hurting, but she didn't care, she never would want to be the reason why someone *aka charlotte* hurts as much as she did when George hurt her.

Isla raised her eyebrows "Go ahead Charles" She challenged him one last time before she turned around and walked away down the street back to the hotel.

Her eyes were burning trying to hold back the tears. She was still shocked at the news. She couldn't believe she could have been that naive. She wanted to scream right there on the street. She got down the block and around the corner before she stopped and leaned against a wall of a building. She buried her face in her hands and took a breath.

Just then George came around the corner "Isla?" He asked as he came up to her.

Isla looked up and then looked away. She didn't want to have to explain her feelings to anyone. Especially George.

"I can tell you aren't okay Rowley" He said

"I don't want to talk about it" She said

"We don't have to talk about it, I can help distract you" He said with a smile. "Let's just go for a walk, fresh air and some exercise may be good for you" He said

"Sure, but don't ask about it" She said as a warning

They wandered the streets of Barcelona like tourists. Taking in the sights, they fell back into their old dynamic and were joking and laughing about the little inside jokes they had back in highschool and uni.

"George! George! George!" someone yelled in the streets. The two of them turned and a fan in a Mercedes shirt ran up and asked to take a photo with him. Isla offered to take the photo, she would rather be on the other side of the camera, to avoid Sarah's wrath.

It was getting late, the sun was starting to set over the city. "Thanks for the distraction George, it was much needed." She smiled at him

"No worries, let me walk you back to your hotel" He said smiling back

They returned to the hotel, Isla was about to go up to her room, "Hey this is super awkward of me to ask, but may I use your restroom? I have to go badly and don't know where there is a public one on the way back." He quickly asked

"Oh, totally fine" She said and he followed her up to her hotel room.

Isla sat on the bed and started flipping through the tv channels. "Oh Gosh George, you'll never guess what is on TV right now?" she yelled to George who was still using the restroom

"Top Gear??" He yelled back

"Yes!" She laughed remembering how they used to watch the show together religiously and would get mad if the other person either saw it before the other.

"Well that's it, I'm staying" he laughed as he walked out of the bathroom and sat down beside Isla on the bed.