Chapter 12 - Barcelona testing Pt. 1

Isla woke up on Saturday in a hotel room in Barcelona, Spain. Her and Heather had traveled together the day after her crazy date fiasco.

It was the first day she would be able to get into a F1 car and test it out on a track. She was nervous as she quickly scrolled through her phone before getting up. She had many messages from her friends group chat telling her she would kill it today and wishing her the best of luck. She thanked them and then opened instagram. Daniel had followed her on instagram, he also sent her a DM and it was just a winky face emoji. She rolled her eyes and put her phone down to get ready.

Isla did her hair to have her natural waves flow over her shoulder, she was aware she would have to put her hair up when it came to driving. She threw on a pair of leggings that she knew made her butt look amazing. First impressions were important, she thought, and looking good is part of that. She put on her team jacket and a pair of white keds and was ready to go.

She stepped out of her hotel room and walked down the hall to meet Heather in her room. She knocked and Heather came out smiling. She had her big bag with her. Isla swore that her bag had everything they would ever need.

"How far is the circuit from here?" Isla asked

"Only a couple blocks away, we can easily walk" Heather said

"Sounds good" Isla said and they both headed out to the circuit

They walked for a couple minutes and then Isla could see the paddock entrance. There were lots of people with cameras waiting at the entrance. As Heather and Isla got closer a car passed them and parked beside them. Daniel got out of the car looking amazing in a matching shirt and short combo. He turned around and saw Isla "Rowley!!" He said excitedly and pulled her into a hug. Isla was thrown off and looked at Heather. All of the cameras waiting at the entrance had now turned their attention to Daniel and Isla.

Daniel threw his arm over her shoulder and walked into the paddock with Isla and Heather. Isla scanned her pass and entered the paddock. The whole time they entered the cameras were clicking and flashing.

This felt totally surreal to Isla, seeing all the team motorhomes set up and there was a buzz that she couldn't describe. She looked around and noticed George standing outside the Mercedes motorhome.
"Hey" he called out and walked towards Isla, Daniel and Heather.

He gave Isla a hug and she could hear the cameras behind her clicking again. She thought that she would have to get used to that now being an F1 driver.

"Getting excited?" George asked

"Definitely, but this is all a bit overwhelming" She admitted

Daniel, George and Heather laughed "Well you better get used to it" Heather said "We need to go meet with the engineers" She reminded Isla

Isla said goodbye to the guys and followed Heather. Daniel kept up with them "I am walking the same way" the McLaren garage was right beside alphatauris trailer so he walked with them. They passed the Ferrari Motorhome and Charles was standing outside, Isla decided to ignore him. However, Daniel peeled off and started to chat with Charles. He looked at her and then back at Daniel. "So you two really don't like each other hey?" She heard Daniel ask.

"You could say that" Charles responded

Isla smiled internally as she walked into the AlphaTauri Motorhome. It was go time she thought. She headed to the drivers area and ran into Pierre.

"Hey" She smiled

He looked up from his phone "Hi Isla, how are you feeling?" he asked

"Feeling good, excited to get out on the track" she answered "How about you?"