Chapter 7 - Night Out

Isla quickly went through her new closet and found a Copper Silk Slip dress. It hit her about mid calf, but was form fitting enough to catch some attention. She also put on some black heels. She did her hair and makeup, her hair was curled in long soft curls that fell over her shoulders. Afterall, it was her first night out in Monaco, she should look the part she thought.

She grabbed a clutch and threw her phone, wallet and keys in it and headed out the door

She grabbed a clutch and threw her phone, wallet and keys in it and headed out the door. She followed her google map directions to the bar. She opened the big wood door and stepped inside and let the gush of air flow through her hair. Talk about an entrance she thought.

"Babe, over here" she heard coming from behind her in the corner of the fancy bar.

She slowly turned and saw George sitting at a table with four other males. When she started walking over, the rest of the table turned their attention to Isla.

Shit, she thought to herself as she recognized everyone at the table. Max Verstappen, Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo were sitting there looking at her walk up. She was now glad that she had dressed so well. Might as well make a good first impression she thought. But she needed to shoot down this whole 'Babe' stuff immediately.

She took a deep breath and took the final steps towards the table. "Babe, really George? It's been like 5 years since I broke up with you, remember Faye? The girl you cheated on me with?" Isla said rather confidently to George as she took the empty seat. She needed to be confident and not let that shake her.

The guys at the table tried to hold back their laughter, except for Daniel. That man could never hold back a laugh. He howled and gave Isla a high five as she got settled in her seat.

George was a bit embarrassed "Okay, fair enough I deserved that. Well guys, this is Isla Rowley"

Isla was shocked that he actually owned up to it. Before he would have denied it to make himself look better.

She smiled at the guys at the table and made eye contact with each of them and they smiled and greeted her.

"Wait," Lando spoke up, "Rowley? like the new driver for AlphaTauri?"

Isla smiled and nodded. "That would be correct"

Charles almost choked on his drink. He cleared his throat. "Very cool" He said quickly and a bit embarrassed. Isla and Charles made eye contact. Isla gave him a quick smile which was returned

The waiter came over to take Isla's drink order. She quickly glanced at the table to see what everyone was drinking. She noted cocktails in front of everyone except for Lando who had a glass of water.

"I'll take an Old Fashioned please" she said to the waiter

"No problem, I will be right back with that" he responded

"Thank you!" Isla smiled and returned her attention to the table.

The night continued with some good conversation and jokes. Isla was trying to take in as much as she could. She was in shock that she was sitting at a table with other F1 drivers, and felt like one of them.

Later on the drinks were flowing and the group was having a great time. Isla was getting to know the guys and she was letting them get to know her. Daniel pulled out his phone and got everyone to gather in and he took a selfie of the table. Since Daniel was sitting on the same side of the table as George and Isla; Max, Lando and Charles came and stood behind the three for the photo. Daniel then posted it on his instagram story.

The night continued and Isla was sitting across the table from Charles all night. They were chatting and making jokes and getting to know each other. For some time, the rest of the table seemed to disappear and it was just them talking.

Isla was getting tired and a bit tipsy. She figured it would be best to call it a night. She stood up and said goodbye to the guys and started to walk out onto the street. She was just pulling up the directions on her phone to get back to her apartment when the door to the bar opened. Charles was heading out putting on his jacket.

"Hey, I was feeling like heading home also, which way are you walking?" He asked Isla

"One Second," She said, glancing up at Charles then returned her eyes to her phone. "This way" She pointed the phone at Charles.

"Oh thats the same way I'm going" He smiled at Isla then they both started walking.

Charles and Isla were walking down the dimly lit streets of Monaco. Her heels hitting the cobblestone sidewalk. There was a comfortable silence between them. "It was really nice to meet you tonight," Charles said glancing at Isla.

"It was a nice surprise," Isla admitted. "I thought it was just going to be George and I, but I'm so glad it wasn't" She laughed.

There was a pause in the conversation as they continued walking.

"So he really cheated on you?" he asked after a minute of more comfortable silence.

Isla sighed. "Yes, but it is in the past now, I'd rather just not think about it. We were good friends before that, so it kind of left us in a weird place. We both felt like we lost our best friend" Isla continued.

"Oh, Sorry to bring it up then" Charles said "but if it is any consolation, he was an absolute idiot for cheating on you" he stopped mid stride and looked at Isla. She stopped also and made eye contact with Charles.

"Thanks, I appreciate it" She smiled at him. He grinned back. "Hey can we walk this way?" She pointed to the sidewalk on the other side of the street that followed the water.

"It will take a bit longer to get to your apartment, but I'm okay with taking this way" He said

They crossed the street and continued on walking. They passed another couple of restaurants that lined the water and then they came up to the plaza. It was nicely lit and looked over the water. Isla stopped to take in the view and walked towards the edge of the plaza and put both hands on the railing.

Charles walked up behind Isla, he was standing behind her shoulder. She could feel his breath on her shoulder.

He stepped closer to her, she could feel his body against hers "Look I'm just going to come right out and say it" He said in her ear "I think you are extremely attractive" he finished.

It may have been the alcohol talking, the view or both. But she turned her head to look up at Charles. He was so close, she needed to find out what his lips tasted like.

He looked down at her and turned his head and he kissed her slowly. And placed his hands on top of hers which were still perched on the railing. Wrapping her in a backwards hug. He leaned in again for another more intense kiss.

That's when a flash of a camera went off three times and the two of them separated immediately. They turned around trying to find where the flash came from, but they couldn't see anything.

They stood in silence, "well that was a great kiss" he said grinning at Isla.

"I wish that camera didn't have to ruin it" Isla admitted

The night air was getting chilly, Isla shivered and like a gentleman Charles offered her his jacket. She accepted it and he draped his coat over her shoulders and they finished the walk to Isla's apartment.

"I guess this is where we say goodnight?" Isla said

"I guess so" Charles said looking down at her "Goodnight Isla" He placed his fingers under her chin and pulled her in for a quick kiss.
"Goodnight" Isla blushed and turned and walked into the lobby and into the elevator.

Once the elevator doors closed she collapsed against the wall of the elevator. She was in shock about the night she just had.

Just then her phone was vibrating and ringing like crazy...

*Authors Note* please let me know what you think of the story so far!