¹¹ worth it

sage stood next to ashlyn in the hallway

sage stood next to ashlyn in the hallway. chatting quietly to her best friend before stopping when she heard nini raise her voice. she looked over to see ej and her talking. her gaze instantly flicking away when she caught ej's eye. she looked down and started fiddling with her nails.

"cute colour." ashlyn pointed out, grabbing sages hands and looking at her nails. sage smiled at her. "thanks ash."

"you okay?" sage nodded. "yeah, just that conversation the other day threw me for a loop and what you told me. i just don't know what to think anymore." ashlyn smiled sympathetically. the two girls slowly fell into a random conversation, the red head attempting to keep sage away from the obvious argument happening behind her.

the group of drama kids all did their best to ignore what was happening, which was difficult because nini's voice was raising, which rarely happened.

ashlyn looked up as nini walked over, she gently held on to sage's hand. "hey, is the door locked or something? why can't we get in?"

"natalie's emotional support hamster got loose, carlos and gina are helping her find him." sage explained she looked at nini and could feel the awkwardness coming off her in waves. "actually that just reminded me, nini i have that jumper your mum let me borrow when i was at yours. it's in my locker, come with me. i don't wanna forget to give you it." sage smiled at the girl, stepping forward and looping her arm through nini's.

said girl smiled gratefully at her and sage smiled back before she sent a reassuring nod to ashlyn. the two began walking away as they heard a scream, both turning around concerned. "um, just text me ashlyn. when you all go in."

"I've got you." ashlyn smiled at her and she and nini began walking away.

"you okay?" sage asked. nini shrugged. "truly honest, i don't know." sage nodded encouraging the girl to keep going as they reached her locker. "i just, he's so stupid. i don't get why he did it." sage looked at her as she talked, her hands moving through her locker absentmindedly. nini rambling and getting things off her chest before sage's phone chimed signalling a text from ashlyn. sage grabbed a random jumper from her locker. pulling it out and giving it to nini.

"this isn't my mums." nini told her. sage nodded. "i know, i gave the jumper to your mum when she dropped me home but i knew you needed space so i just said the first thing that came to mind." nini smiled gratefully at the girl. "thank you sage, really."

sage shrugged but smiled. "don't mention it, i know ej can be dumb. trust me."

nini held on to sages jumper as the two started walking again. "do you want a lift home after rehearsal?" she asked. "that would actually be amazing thank you," the two girls hooked arms again as they walked back to the bomb shelter. sage's phone pinged again. "gosh ashlyn we're on our way." sage muttered sarcastically as she pulled her phone out before she stopped walking.