⁴ one more time

the group filed into the theatre from the dressing room, ashlyn and sage walked side by side with their arms looped together

the group filed into the theatre from the dressing room, ashlyn and sage walked side by side with their arms looped together. looking at each other excitedly as they looked to miss jenn in the centre of the stage as she directed them. the two friends sadly loosening their grips as she told them to find someone they didn't know to pair up with. sage's eyes immediately zoned in on the boy she had met earlier to see him looking at her hopefully. she smiled at him and walked over. "wanna be partners seb?" she asked. he nodded "yes please sage, I was so stressed." she laughed before linking arms with him and walking to stand on stage with everyone else.

miss jenn locked eyes with her and smiled brightly at her, sage smiled back feeling immense comfort just from the teachers action. they began warming up and going through the rehearsal process, seb encouraging her and sage reciprocating for the boy. they had a lot of fun and got to know each other slowly through the process as well.

now standing in line as they went through who they were auditioning for. sage stood in between ashlyn and seb. gripping each of their hands as miss jenn and carlos went down the line. they stopped at ashlyn and sage gripped her hand and gave her a reassuring squeeze. "you, you're giving me uncommon depth. ms darbus?"

ashlyn smiled "I'm dying, I'm deceased. yes." miss jenn smiled widely. "your application says you play piano?" ashlyn nodded, "I dabble."

"you ever written a song?" ashlyn looked at sage who smiled encouragingly. "I mean nothing no one but sage has heard," miss jenn nodded, smiling at the two girls. "I always though the drama teacher should have an act two power ballad, we'll sidebar."

miss jenn then moved on and locked eyes with sage, she smiled. "I'm truthful when I ask gabriella?" sage smiled but shook her head. "kelsi actually," miss jenn smiled widely. "an aspiring songwriter wishing to be one, I adore it." carlos handed kelsi's part over to sage with a wide smile as he mouthed good luck. she smiled back at him as a sign of thanks and she gripped the book. miss jenn moved onto seb and was wowed when she discovered his wish to be sharpay. sage grinned and held sebs hand with a reassuring squeeze. he turned to her after miss jenn and carlos had moved on and the trio squealed slightly.

"I didn't know you were going for kelsi, you'll be amazing." seb gushed. "not as amazing as you as sharpay and ashlyn as ms darbus. truly iconic." sage replied. the trio completely missed what happened towards the end of the line as ej, nini and the new girl were given their audition roles.

eventually they all stepped backstage as they began the audition process, sage shook her hands to get rid of the nerves as ashlyn and seb began their auditions leaving her alone in the wings with nini, ej and the new girl who sage had discovered was named gina. she felt a presence beside her and looked up to see ej. he smiled down at her, "didn't think you were ever gonna audition for something other than dance," he chuckled.

she smiled half-heartedly at him, "well a lot of things can change over summer." she replied as miss jenn called out to her. "sage willis for kelsi?" sage looked over her shoulder as ej looked at her quizzically. she stood in front of miss jenn, carlos and the others who had auditioned.