⁶ i'm in trouble

the read through was well, interesting to say the least

the read through was well, interesting to say the least. natalie, the stage director, was unwell so miss jenn pulled big red in to read instead of her and sage had to give him an a+ for effort for someone completely off put by the theatre community.

sage had decided to come to school earlier the following day and was sitting at the piano in the auditorium writing out ideas in her song book to get her mind cleared for school that day. she hummed a tune in her head as the words were pushed from her mind to the paper by her pen. she had titled the song 'wonderland' the idea of it being about, well she wasn't sure.

she began to play the notes on piano as she sang. "pulling the strings of my heart, how did you make it this far? duckin and dodging security measures I put up to make catching feelings hard." her eyes closed as she fell into the melody.

"I just wanna know, how you could warm my heart that's so cold. losing my control, you got me close to letting you closer." her fingers gently pressed the keys on the piano, her focus on the notes and the song keeping her from being alerted to the auditorium door opening. miss jenn stood in the doorway, careful not to make a sound as she listened to sage a smile on her face.

"but I know how these things work out, fun to believe but they always leave." sage trailed off after those words, her fingers slipping off the piano. she sighed as she moved to grab her pencil and make some notes on the pages in front of her.

"sage," she heard from behind her. the girl jumped and turned around seeing the drama teacher standing behind her. "miss jenn, hi" she smiled. "what are you doing here honey?" miss jenn questioned.

"I just had a lot on my mind and we don't have a piano at home so I thought to come here and just clear my mind, writing usually helps me with that." miss jenn smiled at her, "that song was beautiful,"

"thank you, I actually envision it with a more up beat track but I haven't worked that out just yet." sage began to ramble. miss jenn nodded understanding the girls ramble completely. "I would love to hear some more of your work sometime," sage smiled widely, "i would really like that miss jenn."

"hi miss jenn, hi sage." carlos walked in. sage smiled and waved at him, "are you staying for the rehearsal sage?" carlos asked. "what rehearsal?" she looked at him puzzled. "ricky and nini are coming in early,"

"oh no, i was just playing around. I'll head off now and give you the space." sage grabbed her pencil and notebook and put them in her bag before standing up from the piano bench. "see you both in rehearsal later," she smiled at miss jenn and carlos.

"sage come by my office later, in your free period." miss jenn called. sage turned around and nodded "okay," before she left the auditorium.

she wandered the halls for a little while looking for somewhere to sit down and continue working on her song, maybe get her laptop out and start creating a track for 'wonderland'.

she settled in a stair case, considering the school was still basically empty. she sat her laptop up on her knees and put her earphones in, beginning to work on the backing track. she hoped she could get it done at least before she went to see miss jenn.

she sat there working until she felt someone sit beside her, she looked up to see nini. she gave her a smile and pulled her headphones out. "hey, how are you?" nini asked. "hey, I'm okay. you good?" nini nodded before looking at sage's laptop. "what are you working on?" sage laughed. "i wrote a new song and I'm just trying to work out the backing for it."

nini mouthed 'wow' and looked at sage. "i knew you wrote but i didn't know you produced too," sage laughed, "yeah i dabble in it, it's more ashlyns thing but it's fun." nini laughed but nodded. "how did your rehearsal go?" sage asked. nini's face fell a little, " and it was odd, miss jenn added a kiss. between ricky and i and well," sage nodded. "wow yeah,"

"i just don't know what to do, it's a lot right now." nini sighed. sage nodded, "I'm here if you wanna talk about it," nini nodded. "thank you, but i just need to look forward and focus on other stuff." sage giggled. "i totally get that, wanna hear what i have so far?" nini nodded eagerly, "of course."

sage laughed as she handed nini an earphone "it's still a little rough but here, i haven't really shown anyone my work but ashlyn and ej," sage began saying before she trailed off at his name. she shook herself slightly before smiling at nini again and hitting play.

"but I know how these things work out, fun to believe but they always leave."