² hardest part

as the music slowed sage slowed her breathing

as the music slowed sage slowed her breathing. crouching down she picked up her phone and pressed stop on the recording. smiling as she made sure it saved before favouriting it to show ashlyn at lunch.

she heard someone clear their throat causing her to jump a little. she turned and saw the new drama teacher, miss jenn, accompanied by carlos rodriguez a boy sage recognised from the colour guard. "oh my gosh I'm so sorry miss jenn, mr mazzara let me in during my free period and I didn't realise you needed it I can go." the girl rambled as her words merged into one.

the teacher shook her head, "no no no it's okay, we heard the song and were interested." carlos nodded quickly giving sage a big smile.

"I haven't heard that song before though." he started. sage smiled softly at him, "I wrote it and my friend ashlyn helped me to make the track." his eyes widened. "sage I didn't know you were a songwriter," she blushed slightly. "I don't really tell anyone honestly, no one ever hears them but ashlyn and my mum."

carlos nodded but smiled at her. "are you planning to audition?" miss jenn asked the girl, smiling at her softly. sage shook her head slightly, "I haven't really acted before and I'm more of a dancer." miss jenn frowned slightly, "I can see your a dancer, have you ever acted in anyway?" sage shook her head, softly replying no.

miss jenn smiled, "please come to the auditions tomorrow. you never know." sage nodded slowly, "okay, but please don't have high hopes.".

miss jenn crossed the stage to the girl and put a hand on her shoulder, "don't put so much pressure on yourself sweetheart," she smiled softly at the girl who returned a smile back before the teacher said goodbye and exited the stage door. carlos walked past sage and smiled warmly at her, "see you tomorrow?" she nodded at him and smiled back.

after they had left the bell rang signalling the end of the period and sage packed her stuff up. heading off to class before lunch.

[

sage willis:

"i can't believe that just happened."

]

sage walked into the centre of the cafeteria looking around for ashlyn before she spotted the red head waving at her. she rushed over to her and grinned, "wait till you see the dance!" ashlyn squealed "I'm so excited," sage handed her phone to the girl before she began to eat her food, her eyes roaming around the cafeteria still wondering where the tall senior she's friends with was hiding. "I also have to tell you what happened after-" the brunette was cut off as he eyes landed on the boy she was looking for, with his arm wrapped around another girl.

she stared at them completely confused and baffled but most of all hurt. was that why she had been blown off all summer? no replies to any messages and unanswered calls. why he forgot their tradition.

she must have zoned out as she was bought back to reality by said boys cousin putting a hand on her arm. "sage?" she asked, confused as to why the girl had zoned out. sage looked at her as ashlyn handed back her phone. "that was amazing, what else did you want to tell," ashlyn followed her friends gaze. "me?" she finished her sentence as her eyes widened. she looked back at her friend, her heart breaking as she saw the water in sage's eyes. she knew what had happened before summer break, she knew exactly what was going through her friends mind.

sage shook her head and looked at ashlyn, silently pleading for her not to say anything. sage got up, "sorry ash I have to go" she rushed out. speed walking to put her tray away but not before dropping her water bottle and making a crash in the cafeteria which caught the eye of a few people. including the one she now wanted to hide from the most.

sage left her bottle on the floor as she raced out, not caring anymore about her keepsake from one of her trips with her mum. just wanting nothing more than to be out of there before her heart broke more.

ashlyn quickly raced after her but not before grasping her bottle off the ground and getting out of the cafeteria and getting in the way of her cousin who had gotten up in a rush to check on the same girl she was. "ej, don't" she warned as she walked out quickly. the said boy watching as his cousin left the cafeteria after his best friend. his mind completely perplexed as to what happened and why his cousin was so harsh on him not to follow.

the unique interaction caught the eye of multiple people in the room, his girlfriend included. nini put off a little and worried about the other student who had just raced out. ej made his way back to the table, "everything okay?" she asked him. "yeah," he replied with a smile before continuing on the prior conversation.

sage had rushed into the bathroom down the hall, sliding down the door of a cubicle with her hands clasped over her chest as she slowed her breathing. the door opened and she quietened her sobs. "sage?" she heard ashlyn call quietly. hearing footsteps nearing before said girl made her way under through another cubicle to sit opposite the girl. "lovey what happened?" she asked quietly.

"he forgot ash. he forgot what he said to me." she said quietly after a few minutes of silence. her best friend just pulled her into a hug as she cried quietly.

[

ashlyn caswell:

listen I love my cousin but he can be really dumb sometimes.

]

[

sage willis:

I'm okay, really. it was something stupid.

]

as she cried in ashlyns embrace her mind wandered to the day before ej left for camp.

she laughed as she got out of his car, him coming around to hug her. "I can't believe you're leaving me for camp again." she joked. he laughed as he pulled away but kept his arms secured on her waist. "it isn't for that long, I'll be back before you know it." he whispered as he looked at her. she smiled sheepishly at him before he started to lean in. she began to as well before she was stopped by her mother yelling out hi from the front door. she laughed quietly before ej rested his head against hers. "well that ruined it,"

she smiled slightly and nodded, "promise you won't forget me." he looked at her in the eyes. "it's only for a few months but I promise." she smiled at him before hugging him and walking inside her home.

"he promised."

"Last night for the very first time, you didn't even try to call"

hi,

this is me realising I am yet to do an authors note whoops

but hi there! my name is sunny! i used to write on here under a different name but have since decided after a little while to come back here and publish my little books I started to write again for fun during isolation! 

that's really all there is to it - I hope you're enjoying wanna be so far <3

sunny <3