⁷ memorise and identify

sage knocked on the door lightly as she peeked her head in seeing miss jenn on the phone

sage knocked on the door lightly as she peeked her head in seeing miss jenn on the phone. "I'll call you back," she whispered before putting her phone on the desk. "sage honey, hi" she greeted chipperly.

"hi, miss jenn. is this a bad time? i can come back." sage said as she walked inside. miss jenn shook her head, "no now is perfect," she gestured for sage to sit in the chair opposite her desk as she gave her full attention to the brunette.

"I finished that song I was working on earlier and I know you wanted to have a look at the other ones I had written," sage began. miss jenn's eyes lit up at the mention of the girls work. "oh my goodness, I'm so excited. let's take a look." sage smiled at her before pulling her laptop out and logging in. selected the track she wanted to play she set it up and opened up her song book.

miss jenn gently took her laptop from her as the upbeat track began to play, her head softly bopping to the music as she followed the beat. sage sat there grasping her song book in her hands as she watched for the drama teachers reaction. "I produced it to have a section for a dance break, I was wanting to create some choreography to it but haven't had the chance to yet." miss jenn nodded her head enthusiastically. "I'm sure if you talked to some of the other dancers and carlos they would all love to help you out with that, maybe you could even film a video for it." she suggested. sage smiled widely and nodded eagerly at the idea, "I'll 100% do that, thanks miss jenn!"

miss jenn smiled at the girl before she moved and sat in the chair beside the girl, ready to look through the song book with her. "so tell me a little about your writing process." she asked genuinely interested in what inspired the girl before her to write songs.

"well I guess I kinda just write whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed or unsure, I write my feelings down and they just flow to form verses. a lot of my songs are written after big things have happened." miss jenn nodded along. "if you don't mind me asking, what inspired wonderland? the track itself seems upbeat but the lyrics."

sage nodded, "truth be told I wrote it when I was upset and angry, I felt like I had been played with like someones toy." miss jenn nodded, staying quiet to encourage the girl to freely speak. "my best friend had told me he was in love with me, we agreed to wait until he was home and then he came back in love with someone else." sage quietly added averting her eyes from miss jenn.

[

sage willis:

was that too much information?

]

miss jenn placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sorry honey," sage looked up at her and smiled slightly. "it's okay miss jenn, I'll be okay."

miss jenn gently took the song book from her and flicked through it, seeming to be looking for another song to ask her about. she stopped flipping on the page sage had dog tagged, reading through the lyrics. "what's the story about this one?" miss jenn asked. sage peaked and saw her opened to 'chaotic' and she smiled. "that's a song I wrote with ashlyn, we were both really stressed and it was just after my parents had finally decided to split. it was all just a little chaotic in my world and I wrote this because of everything happening and we made it our little passion project together, it's the song I was dancing to the other day." sage explained. miss jenn smiled at her when she heard ashlyn mentioned, absolutely loving that the song writers of her group had this bond.

"I love that, it's beautiful." miss jenn complimented. she flipped through a few more pages before landing on the last written page, it marked with the date of auditions. she scanned over the lyrics before looking at sage puzzled. "what's the story with this one."

sage sighed before looking away. "I wrote that about my best friends new girlfriend, I was inspired during auditions." she admitted. miss jenn looked at her perplexed before she realised. she knew exactly who sage was talking about and it had all clicked. she smiled at sage reassuringly, "I think what you have so far for it is amazing, keep going."

miss jenn and sage talked a little more before the bell sounded telling sage she had to make her way to her chemistry class before then heading to the bomb shelter for rehearsal.

she walked into the room chatting away with ashlyn, "so you basically told miss jenn everything?" ashlyn asked. sage nodded, "yeah, I didn't tell her like specifics but I think she could tell. it felt good though to get it all of my chest," ashlyn nodded and smiled at her. "I'm happy for you, also you need to show me wonderland later." sage laughed and nodded. "of course I will."

sage and ashlyn sat to one side of the classroom and began to read through their lines quietly to one another as carlos, nini, ricky and some of the others rehearsed in the middle. after a little while sage had gotten up to refill her waterbottle and walked back in to the bomb shelter to ricky storming past her and knocking into her. she stopped in her tracks and looked at him "ricky? what's up?"

he looked at her and shook his head, "not now sage," he yelled. she flinched slightly at his tone and volume which he noticed, "I'm sorry sage." he whispered quietly before he pushed past her and miss jenn. she looked at nini and miss jenn, confused by what happened.

[

sage willis:

I saw how hard he was trying, I'm not just gonna let him give up. yeah it's kind of his m-o but doesn't mean I'm gonna let him continue that streak.

]

after sending a few thousands messages to ricky with no answer sage sighed and gave up for the day. he would reply when he was ready.

"I try to memorise and identify but it's all getting foggy."