||46|| ♡︎ Part of the Journey, is the End ♡︎

It's been almost a year since the whole, "getting trapped in a magic hexagon and becoming Wanda's child" fiasco, and Victoria had been using her free time to practice her abilities, both the ones she was born with, and her wizard ones.

During the past year, lots of crazy things went down, including the reappearance of Wanda, only for her to be a witch who tried to murder everyone, resulting in her, Stephen, and a young girl named America, to hurtle throughout universes to stop her.
(Coming soon to my one shots account: -oddgoose_the_sequel )

Although, today is a special day.
One that Victoria wouldn't forget.
One, that the Avengers didn't know about.

. . .

"You grew up so fast," Dorathy Grace smiles, passing some pancakes to her daughter, the flat, syrup covered pastries full of sprinkles.

"Nah, I grew up at a normal pace. You just have mom eyes," Vicky chuckles, taking a few bites before hopping from her seat.
"Aight, I'm heading to the tower to bug everyone until they realize I'm 18."

"Have fun, honey. And invite Sam over for dinner, please. I'd text him, but he rarely responds."

"You got it."

. . .

A lot of things changed over the year.
But no time to explain all that, so let's just continue reading :)

"I'M HOME BITCHES!" Victoria exclaims as she exits the elevator, earning rolled eyes and stifled chuckles from her group of odd friends.

Though, her yell causes a startled young girl to fall off the ceiling.
"Ow..."

Vicky merely shrugs, not feeling the need to question why she was on the ceiling, and grabs a box of fruit loops out of the cupboard, which has "Contains Drugs" written in bold letters on the front.
Meaning, unless someone was suicidal, they wouldn't eat any.
"Chicken, my mom wants you over for dinner tonight."

Sam rolls his eyes as Bucky claps his shoulder, the aviator nodding lightly as he munches on some pizza Nat had ordered before Vic arrived.

"I can't believe I've known you guys for 7 years," the young adult scoffs, recalling the first text she had gotten back in 2018, just a couple months before the snap.
"Well, 2 years, if you don't count the 5 I disappeared."

"Did you say 7 years?" Clint asks, pausing halfway between a bite of pizza.
"How old are you??"

"I'm 32," she replies casually, Bucky chuckling and Sam squinting at her in confusion.

"Dory is 41," The man says slowly.
"So unless she had you at 9 years old-"

"Did you just call my mom Dory?"

"Am I not allowed to give my girlfriend nicknames?"

"She's your girlfriend?!!" Victoria's bowl of fruit loops clatters to the floor.
"Since when?!?"

"We've been dating for like, 9 months, how did you not know this?"

"You never talk about it!" She yells in defense, grabbing some paper towels to clean up her mess.
"Like, you shouldn't keep that kinda thing in the dark for so long. You child."

"You're the child."

"..am I though?" She smirks.

"You literally are."

"Am I though?"

"YES."

"Last time I recalled, once you turn 18 you're legally an adult."

The room goes silent. No more pizza is being munched. No more childish feuding. No more Peter Parker asking if the girl on the ceiling was okay.
Just silence.

"You're 18?" Clint asks finally.
"I thought you were 16."

"I was 16 in 2018. I'm 18 today."

"Happy birthday, kid," Natasha smiles.

. . .

That night, at dinner, Victoria watched happily as her mother accepted Sam Wilson's marriage proposal.

. . .

7 years ago, Victoria got texted by Archer, asking if anyone at the compound had died yet.

But to us, it was only 3 months ago.

May 9, 2022 to be exact.
3 days after I lost my little sister and believed that nothing mattered anymore.

And today is August 7th.
I'm 16 now and I have 3 great friends, a story, and a life.

And to think, Vicky was just gonna be a one time thing for an applyfic.
Now, she's evolved to a popular protagonist, who even has a Vicky Protection Squad.

Thank you everyone who read my book, and everyone who commented, voted and interacted with this story.
Everyone who joined in on this adventure.
Everyone who helped my book come to life.

I larb u all 3,000

Sincerely, Goose.
A proud and happy author, who used to be insecure about her books, and didn't believe she could ever create something so many people enjoyed. <333

The Sequel is out:
"I Can't Be a Mom"