||31|| Smoky the Bear's Worst Nightmare

Victoria runs to her bathroom, having to catch herself on the door as she slips and slides, but manages to make it to the mirror in one piece.

Sure enough, her once sky blue eyes, are now a shade of fiery orange, like a small flame had lit itself inside her sclera.
And her hair that was once thick enough to drown someone in a sea of messy blonde, is now wispy and straight, the raven black strands falling lightly over her shoulders.

"Shit, shit, shit-" the river of curses continue flooding from her mouth as she runs her fingers through her new hair, wondering if it's real, smoke billowing off her arms.

"A minor change in appearance isn't that bad," Loki tries to reassure her, but of course, he's horrible at such things.
"Is it? I didn't think appearance was so important on Midgard."

"If course it's a big deal!!" Vic scoffs, trying to dust the smoke off her, even though it does literally nothing.
"My hair is black. My eyes are fucking ORANGE, LOKI!!! I THINK IT'S A BIG DEAL!!...what am I gonna tell my mom??"

She walks past Loki as she begins to pace.
"What am gonna tell her? 'Guess what mom! I found out I'm adopted and that my biological mother is demon goddess! Yep, that's why my hair is black and my eyes look like they've been prodded with lit fire-pokers. And why I'm smoking like a fucking piece of ham!!'. She's gonna freak out. I'm gonna freak out. Hell, I'm already freaking out!!"

"Everything okay in here?"
Loki and Victoria turn to the doorway, an extremely confused Bucky Barnes standing before them.

Bucky's P.O.V

Vic had stormed off pretty quick after hearing the news, and I myself, was frozen in shock.
Loki had gone after her to try and explain things a bit more, hoping it would calm her down.

But of course, they had to take forever, so I decided it was best to go check up on them.

. . .

Standing in Victoria's bedroom doorway, my jaw hangs open at the sight of her. Her hair is black, her eyes an amber orange.
"What the fuck?? Why- your hair it's- ..what the fuck?!?"

"Don't ask me!!" Victoria shouts, stopping the pacing I had walked in on.
"I'm as clueless as you!"

Both Vic and I's heads snap towards the god standing in the room, our expressions clearly asking for answers.

Narrator's P.O.V

"It could be from hearing your origin," Loki suggests, feeling oddly awkward under the two's stairs.
"Considering this is the same appearance you had as an infant."

Victoria huffs, plopping herself down on her bed, groaning as she runs her fingers through her hair, the feeling different at the new density and texture.

Feeling the tension and stiffness in the air, Bucky leans against the wall, pulling out his phone.

Barney
You okay?

Victoria glances up at the super soldier as her phone buzzes, pulling the device from her pocket.

Stick
No

Barney
Wanna talk about it?

Stick
Yeah

I mean
I just found out that I'm some sort of goddess lady
I also have smoky powers

Barney
Like
You can make baby sausages?

Stick
No!!
Lol
Smoke just like
Comes out of my skin or something
And when I snap my fingers it makes sparks

Barney
Dang it
I wanted lunch

Lol jk
That's pretty cool
So what's the issue?

Stick
I found out I'm fucking adopted
Where do u think the issue is?

Nah I'm freaking out bc I have magic skin

Actually that too

Barney
What about pros and cons
Those are still a thing right?

Stick
Yeah

Barney
Okay
Let's start with your hair
Pro?

Stick
It's awesome?

Barney
There you go
Alright
Cons?

Stick
My mom will have a heart attack bc it looks like I dyed my hair like some sort of emo chick

Barney
And I'm sure the eyes r the same
Except u can't dye your eyes i don't think

Now
Pro of being the daughter of some crazy goddess lady?

Stick
I have crazy goddess lady powers?

Barney
And con?

Stick
The woman that raised me isn't actually the person who birthed me

Barney
And is there a problem with that?

Stick
Not really ig

Thx
I feel a better

Barney
Np kid

. . .

Loki stands in the middle of the room, watching as the two silently text on their phones.
Feeling way awkward, he leaves the room and heads back to chill with his brother and daughter.