Chapter Fifty Four: Last Dance

Start from the beginning

Music was loud, everyone was in the middle of the dancefloor, if you were looking in you would have no idea that there was a war going on.

Aries stood on the sideline watching them all celebrate, she heard Daisy's giggles as she and Leo danced together during the father-daughter dance. She tilted her head while she watched him twirl her around.

As the song faded into another Leo looked up at Aries, his face softened as she gave him a small smile. They'd avoided each other the majority of the day, knowing they needed to talk not wanting to fight again, but now he nodded for her to go over to him, holding out his hand from across the dancefloor.

"I told you he'd be dying to talk to you." Apolline said, pushing her forwards.

Aries beamed brightly beginning to walk forwards but before she could even step onto the dancefloor a silver light fell through the canopy. Kingsley's voice spoke in a hushed whisper.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

Once the light disappeared chaos ensued, screaming and shouting as people started to evacuate. Aries' heart began to race as she pushed her way through the crowd. "Leo! Daisy!"

"Aries!" she heard him call out, she followed the sound of his voice. There was a loud crash as death eaters arrived starting to shoot spells at those closest to them.

"LEO! DAISY!" She shouted, her voice full of panic. She managed to block a red spell from a rogue death eater. As she surged through people she felt a hand on her arm, turning her around. "Chloe got them out, they're okay. But we need to get out of here." Remus  said.

"Are you sure?" Aries asked, looking around.

"I saw them, she's taken them to the safe house." he told her, quickly pushing her out of the way blocking a red spell. "But we need to leave now!"

Tonks ran over to them, "Bellatrix is here, I saw her."

"We need to go now, Aries."

Before Aries could speak Remus took a hold of her arm and she began spinning, landing onto the ground in front of a small cottage.

Ted Tonks ran out of the house. "What happened? Where's Dromeda?"

"Death eaters intruded-" Remus started but was cut off by another crack behind them, Andromeda appeared slightly shaken up.
"You got out." she sighed with relief pulling her daughter into a hug.

"I thought you'd already left." Tonks said.

She shook her head. "No, I helped get some people to safety."

Ted looked up at the sky, "We should get inside, just in case."

Andromeda made everyone tea as they awaited news from the Burrow, but Aries couldn't stomach anything, her insides had twisted into a giant knot, she felt as though she could be sick at any moment.

In the early hours of the morning there was a loud crack from outside. Remus had jumped up, his wand pointed at the door.

"It's me, Chloe Maxwells. Auror trained under Alastor Moody."

Remus didn't open the door yet. "What was the last thing we said to each other?"

"Remus-"

He didn't budge. "What was it?" 

"Something about the music, you said you didn't like the song."

Remus opened the door slowly, letting her in. She looked towards Aries. "They're at the safehouse, they're okay, I got to them just in time."