Talk to me...

After leaving the hospital, I asked Caleb to drive us back to my place. I am so tired and drained from my flight and I truly wish this entire situation could go away...
While lying on the back seat I watch the clouds dance across the sky as the sun played music. How could this be? How could I allow this to happen? Where is Nate? Where is Nate....
I sit up. I see Caleb's eyes shift towards me in the rear-view mirror. the look of pure fear fumed in his eyes. As we reach the parking garage my mind drifted off... replaying the night of the failed engagement party. Much of it is still a blur. I step out the car and walk up the stairs to the second floor. My hands trembled as I try to put the keys in the door. I feel Caleb standing close behind me. He puts one hand on the door above my head and with his opposite hand he took the keys from my hand. Where is Nate, continuously rang through me. I stumble through the door and plop down onto the couch. Caleb turns and locks the door behind us. "Kye, snap out of it.." he said. I look at him and nod. "What if Nate is after me? What if he did kill Ari? Why would he kill her? Caleb I'm so confused." I said as I feel the tears began to well inside of me.
He sits across from me. "I think Nate did kill Ari, but I don't know his motive. I do think he's after you... so if he is maybe we should lead him to the cops. I'm sure he'll follow you and for the safety of you and your friend here it might be best." He spoke. He's right. Me being here alone isn't safe and the one friend I do have right now would be unsafe as well.
"I'll pack." I spoke.
"Let me help you." He said as he followed me to my bedroom. "The luggage is in the back of the closet" I said. I proceeded to pack up. However, I need to ease my mind.  I am so upset with Nate. "Ky- let me tell you my theory," he said. "Go on." I replied. "I was able to pull some strings to find out who picked Nate up from the jail. The security footage shows Ari. My guess is, once they left the jail, they went back to the venue so she could drop him off at his car. However, somewhere from the venue to leaving or maybe even the drive there, it happened. Ari was Found dramatically sprawled on the deck she "accidentally" fell from the master bedroom. There were traces of drugs and alcohol in her system." He spoke. My eyes followed his lips as I process the information. "There's more, there was a witness that gave a statement claiming Nate and Ari was fighting in the venue, Ari was breaking glass and throwing things while wearing your dress. At some point he saw Nate chase Ari up the staircase and that was the last they saw or heard from them. venue security said they saw Nate leaving just as the sun was coming up. Ari was found by the groundskeeper." "Caleb did you drive me home that night?"  I asked. "Ky please don't start this again." he said. Flashbacks from the day we last saw each other. the hospital. We met Aris family there which they weren't happy to see me or Caleb. Much of this is still a blur. Mainly because I had been drinking to cope with it all. For this reason, what I remember is from a distorted point of view. My heart sank. I remember Aris dad asking Caleb why he was there. I believe Aris dad was implying that Caleb was at the venue. "Caleb where were you coming from?" I asked. I walked closer to Him. His head hung low. "I was trying to protect you. I was waiting to Off Nate at the venue. By the time I got there it was silent Aris dad was there looking for her. He saw me get into my car and leave. I came straight back to you. I stayed with you. Don't you remember?" He asked. I sit on the bed. I hate myself for not being able to remember clearly after I fainted. "I believe you." I spoke. "Thank you." he replied.  After landing back in my city. We arrived at Calebs family's cabin with was closer to where we would need to be. I walk to a guest room and sit quietly. Moments later, "Hey are you okay?" Caleb asked. I nodded. He walks away. the sound of his shoes triggered a flashback.  I remember trying to see while I was being carried though this dark place only hearing the sound of the person carrying me. I stood up immediately and followed him out the door.  I sprint down the hall behind him. "Hey!" I spoke. "Maybe you show me around before it gets late." I want to find Nate as soon as possible to get this over with." He smiled. As he walked the cabin I listened to the sounds around me, I can't remember hearing anything other than the sound of my heart racing and the shoes. His shoes. "I really like those shoes." I said to him. "They were a gift" He replied. We circled through the cabin and returned to the living room. I sat on the couch. "Would you like something to drink?" he asked. "Water please." I replied. "Maybe we could start with the plan. I think I could get Nate to meet me. Maybe at the church. I don't know any other place other than there. Plus, it's in the middle of everything." "I agree." He replied.