Chapter 10 : In a year

3 months later

"Naruto, are you feeling better?" Sakura asked him as she entered Naruto's cubicle in the hospital. "Yea, I am feeling better, tebayo!" Naruto exclaimed as he moved his prosthetic arm and winced in pain. "I told you not to do that!" Tsunade yelled as she smacked his head. Naruto pouted like a big baby.

"Anyways, where had you been, Sakura chan?" Naruto asked. "Well...Kakashi and I were seeing Sasuke off. He is leaving the village, something about 'repaying for his sins'. He didn't tell me about how long he will be gone though." Sakura replied. Naruto's eyes widened. "What? Wasn't Sasuke detained in the dungeons?" Naruto asked.

When they had come back to Konoha after the fight between Sasuke and Naruto, Tsunade treated their wounds personally, knowing that she was the only one who would be able to treat it anyways. Sasuke recovered before Naruto and denied the offering of a prosthetic arm. He didn't feel like having a fake arm hung by his side. He was detained in Konoha's dungeons for about 2 months and he was released on the day they were having this conversation.

"WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?" Naruto yelled. "This is why Naruto. You would yell at us and then run away despite our warnings to go meet Sasuke." Tsunade rolled her eyes. Naruto rubbed his neck as he knew that that was what he would have done. "Please Baa chan? Can I go tell him off?" Naruto pleaded with his puppy dog eyes. No one can say no to Naruto's puppy dog eyes. Tsunade sighed and removed the tubes that were connected to his arms. "Go on. And don't take your time, alright?" Tsunade ordered as Naruto agreed and left, draping himself with a white cloak.

Tsunade turned over to Sakura whose smile had now faded. "What's the matter, honey?" Tsunade asked as she placed a comforting arm over Sakura's shoulders. Sakura burst into tears. Tsunade hugged her, soothingly rubbing Sakura's back in the process.

"S-Sasuke kun told me to g-go find someone else. He doesn't want me." Sakura sniffled as Tsunade rubbed her tears. "Sakura, there is more fish out there in the sea. Sasuke isn't what you would call an ideal guy but I bet you will meet your ideal type, the yin to your yang." Tsunade encouraged. Sakura smiled and placed her head on Tsunade's bosom for comfort as they stayed like that for a few moments and went back to their respective places to continue with their work.

Naruto dashed through the forest as fast as possible. He didn't know how long Sasuke was going to be gone. He might lose the opportunity of conversing with him forever. He slowed down when he saw a dark haired figure draped with a black cloak.

"SASUKE!" Naruto yelled as the raven turned around. "Naruto? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the hospital?" Sasuke asked as he glanced at Naruto's prosthetic arm. "Why didn't you tell me that you were going to leave the village? And for how long will you be gone?" Naruto questioned.

Sasuke clicked his tongue, annoyed at the fact that Naruto didn't answer his questions. Nevertheless, he answered him, "I need to compensate for the sins I have committed not long ago. Knowing that you would stop me from going on, I didn't tell you. And about the duration...I will be gone for around 12 years at most."

"12 YEARS?!" Naruto exclaimed as he came closer to Sasuke. "YOU WERE GOING TO BE GONE FOR 12 YEARS AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TELLING ME THIS?" Naruto shouted. Sasuke looked down and turned away. "Why would you even care..." He muttered.

"I care for you a lot, Sasuke! And believe me when I say that I would do anything to stop you from going away." Naruto ensured. Sasuke looked up. "Anything?" Sasuke asked as he cocked his brow.

"Anything, dattebayo! My heart, my soul, I will give you anything and everything that I have to offer! Just please...don't leave me alone." Naruto pleaded with a soft voice as he cupped his palms around Sasuke's clenched fist.

Sasuke put on his prettiest smile as he closed his eyes. "You don't need to sacrifice anything for me. You have already given me so much..." He said as he could feel Naruto's grip tighten. He opened his eyes slowly to find Naruto blushing.

Naruto could feel butterflies in his stomach. He released Sasuke's fist and clenched his heart which was beating rapidly. 'Why did he look so pretty?' Naruto thought to himself as he breathed heavily. He could see hearts and roses behind Sasuke, literally.

"Naruto, are you alright?" Sasuke inquired, pretty worried at what Naruto just did. "Ahah, I'm fine, no worries." Naruto chuckled. Sasuke sighed in relief. "Anyways, back to what I was saying. Please stay here, Sasuke." Naruto pleaded with his puppy dog eyes. Sasuke blushed. 'Damn, that's adorable.' He tried to look away but Naruto didn't let him. Sasuke gave in.

"One year." Sasuke murmured. "What?" Naruto asked as he stopped his puppy dog eyes. "I will be gone for only one year. However, why do you want me to come back? Or rather, why do you want me to stay here so badly?"

"Well...You have been gone for so long so I thought that I could probably rekindle my friendship with you, ya know? Like we could hangout like we used to, when we were kids and probably try some 'adult' stuff as well." Naruto chuckled as he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

Sasuke let out a small laugh, which Naruto thought was adorable. "Hey-" Naruto was stopped when Sasuke pecked on Naruto's forehead with his middle finger and index finger. "Wait for me, alright?" Sasuke smiled as he turned and walked away. Naruto grinned.

"See ya in a year, Sasuke!" Naruto shouted as he waved his hand at Sasuke. Sasuke didn't turn back but he waved back, making Naruto laugh in happiness. Naruto watched the raven go further and further away until he wasn't visible to him anymore.

'Next year, Sasuke. I will see you next year and I will definitely...definitely confess my love to you.' Naruto thought to himself as he headed back to the village, satisfied.

AUTHOR'S NOTE - With this chapter, the book has come to an end. I am sorry for leaving this at a cliffhanger but don't you worry because there will be a second part of this named 'We Are Family' which will come out soon, hopefully. Thank you guys for staying with me till the end and hoped you liked reading this book and much as I loved writing it. 

Sayonara~ 

The End.