Chapter 8 : An attempt to bring him back

PS - This takes place after the fight between Sasuke and the Kages. He has killed Danzo and tried to chidori Sakura as usual but Naruto comes to the rescue. On to the story~ 

"SASUKE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Naruto exclaimed as he held Sakura in his arms, bridal style. Sasuke grunted at this and clicked his tongue, "Ugh you again." Naruto placed Sakura on the water as she balanced herself on the liquid surface with chakra.

"Sasuke...What has happened to you? You've changed a lot, to the extent that you would kill your friend for your sadistic pleasures!" Naruto exclaimed. "I told you, my bonds with the village were severed the moment I left the village. Just give up, Naruto, you will never be able to bring me back to the village." Sasuke said in an aggressive way.

"All I ask for you is to trust me! I can shoulder your pain and burden because I am the only one who can do it. I was wrong when I told you that we were the same. You were right. How would I possibly understand losing parents and betrayal by my brother when I don't even have any?" Naruto sighed. Sasuke was losing his patience.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY! WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH ME?! WHY DO YOU INVOLVE YOURSELF WITH ME?!" Sasuke yelled, clearly mad at Naruto. "Because you're my friend." Naruto smiled.

It felt like time by went slowly. The wind brushed against their faces and their hair swayed with the wind. Sasuke could feel his bangs sway with the wind as he stood there in shock. Naruto was still smiling back at him.'Is he crazy? I tried to kill him and his teammates a million times and yet he calls me his friend. Looks like he isn't going to give up after all.' Sasuke thought to himself. He decided to finish off Naruto once and for all, along with his memories, moments and relationships with him. Sasuke procured a chidori in his arm.

Kakashi, alarmed, stepped forward but Naruto placed his arm in front of Kakashi as if he was preventing him from doing something. "This is my fight with Sasuke, Kakashi Sensei. I will be fine." Naruto grinned.

Kakashi sighed and backed off. Naruto, using his kage bunshin (shadow clone), formed a rasengan in his arm. The clone dissipated as Naruto ran towards Sasuke. Sasuke did the same. They clashed into each other, their arms preventing contact through their respective jutsus.

"RASENGAN!"
"CHIDORI!" 

Sasuke and Naruto found themselves in their own imaginary world, illuminated by bright yellowish white light with sparkles of yellow dust that seemed to fall from the never ending ceiling. Naruto and Sasuke stared at each for a few seconds when Naruto broke the silence.

"Sasuke, our childhoods weren't exactly the best. My parents died on my birthday and the reason why my parents died is in my stomach. The kyubi. I was shunned and treated like an outcast by the village for this. Your brother killed your whole clan, leaving you as the only survivor as the Uchiha. People never communicated with you, wondering if you were as dangerous as your kin. People came to you with the intent to kill or for your precious eyes. Itachi has entrusted me with you and it would be wrong if I don't fulfil his dreams. His dream was a world without war and I shall make it happen." Naruto promised.

Suddenly, vine like structures emerged from the never ending ceiling. It caught hold off their feet and strangled their necks. Naruto managed to whip out his kunai and slash them. He severed the vines that were in his way and made his way to Sasuke, who stood there emotionlessly, unable to comprehend what Naruto had told him. He was unaware of Itachi's dreams and goals. 'I am such a bad brother...' Sasuke thought to himself as a vine wound his waist.

"Sasuke...please, come with me. I will make your life a lot better. The people wont treat you like a murderer. They wont judge you, ever again." Naruto pleaded as he held out his hand. Sasuke was mesmerized by Naruto's utopian society. Not being judged by anyone did sound good. Sasuke hesitated at first but held out his hand slowly as well (just like in the picture above)

The moment Naruto was going to hold onto to Sasuke's arm, Sasuke jerked it away. No way was he going to fall for Naruto's talk no jutsu. That jutsu worked on millions of enemies, cold hearted or not. Naruto's mouth was like a double edged sword. Sasuke frowned in pain when he saw Naruto's face droop like a sad puppy. He really wanted to break out of these veins and hug him, hug him so hard that his ribs should break but his ego wouldn't allow him.

"Oi Sasuke, we have to leave." a familiar voice said. Naruto and Sasuke came out of their personal trance and looked at the pumpkin masked man. "Oh, Madara. You are here." Sasuke noticed."Yea it's me. I have a meeting to attend but I couldn't leave you alone here. So I'm here to take you back." Madara chuckled under his mask. Sasuke nodded as Madara opened a portal.

"HAND OVER SASUKE, YOU LOSER!" Naruto ordered as Madara entered the portal.Sasuke felt a shiver down his spine. His lips had gone dry and his complexion turned pale. This looked like the exact same scenario with him, Jigen and Kawaki. Jigen walking away with Kawaki as Sasuke ordered him to give him his baby back.

Sasuke turned around and bit his lip in pain. Naruto glanced at him and gave him a sympathetic look. Sasuke didn't want Naruto's pity. He clicked his tongue and entered the portal with Madara. The portal disappeared into thin air.

"I...have never seen Sasuke so sad before." Naruto implemented as Sakura offered him her arm to pull him up. He caught it and got up. "They are doing something to Sasuke kun." Sakura suggested. "No. This is something more than that." Naruto retorted and damn right he was. "Next time, Sasuke. I will definitely bring you back to the village and make you happy!" Naruto promised.

In Madara's lair 

 "So, why did you bring me here?" Sasuke asked as he got out of the portal. "Well you see, there are rumours going around that Orochimaru isn't dead yet. I was hoping if you could go and check it out for me." Madara asked.

Sasuke's eyes widened. Orochimaru is alive? Didn't he kill him back at Orochimaru's hideout? He shrugged it off, figuring out that Orochimaru always had a backup plan. "Alright. Can I take my teammates with me?" Sasuke agreed.

"Sure, do whatever you want. I will be leaving then." Madara waved as he went to the door. "Hold up, where are you going?" Sasuke asked. "I have some...matters to attend to. I will be back." Madara coughed under his mask.

Sasuke, who knew that he was lying, scowled but he decided not to mention it. Little did he know that Madara was going to the battlefield where the 4th Great Ninja War was going to commence.

AUTHOR'S NOTE - For those who don't watch or read Naruto Shippuden, Madara here is actually Tobi who renamed himself into that.

See you in the next chapter.Sayonara~