Madagascar in Vegas

Start from the beginning

"Good for Grover." Frank murmurs. "It takes a special person to keep their friend from being killed by a god."

"Piper." Leo and Jason say.

"Reyna." Ariadne sighs.

"The bitches I try to take my anger out on before I meet someone that I can't take on." Hazel murmurs, nodding her head. 

"Thanks a lot." I gritted my teeth. 

"Thank you, Grover." Poseidon sighed. "Ariadne, you may not like or trust the Gods but you don't ignore quests and you don't reject gifts."

"Hey the woman said not to trust any gifts." Ariadne said.

"And were you following that advice or were you just angry at Ares?" Poseidon asked with a raised eyebrow. Ariadne went a little red and shrugged. "Besides, you don't have to trust the gift but you don't throw it back in his face."

"Yes, father." Ariadne said through gritted teeth.

It was probably a deadly insult to refuse something from a god, but I didn't want anything that Ares had touched. 

Reluctantly, I slung the backpack over my shoulder. I knew my anger was being caused by the war god's presence, but I was still itching to punch him in nose. 

"We all do." Apollo assured the young demigod. Ariadne gave him a grin. "And Gods aren't affected by his aura, at least not to the extent demigods are."

"Yep." Will nodded.

"To be fair any slight is pretty much a deadly offense. Either you get turned into something nasty or vapourised." Chris muttered bitterly.

He reminded me of every bully I'd ever faced:

Everybody looks down. Each of them could relate to that in a way. There was always someone that doubted them or made their lives harder

 Nancy Bobofit, Smelly Gabe, sarcastic teachers-every jerk who'd called me stupid in school or laughed at me when I'd gotten expelled. 

"I'm honestly impressed you didn't actually punch him." Thalia smirked.

"Yeah, for Ariadne that's pretty well behaved." Annabeth nodded.

"Probably a good job she didn't." Poseidon said.

"Yeah, a good job for Ares." Grover muttered to Thalia. She snickered

I looked back at the diner, which had only a couple of customers now. The waitress who'd served us dinner was watching nervously out the window, like she was afraid Ares night hurt us.

"Na, it would end up with the story being that Ariadne beat up a helpless biker." Travis snickered.

"I am not helpless!" Ares snarled as the rest of the room laughed too.

"Nor were the Furies." Hades pointed out with a smirk.

 She dragged the fry cook out from the kitchen to see. She said something to him. He nodded, held up a little disposable camera and snapped a picture of us.

"Oh, fuck." Piper whispers, her hand going to her mouth. "What do you think is going to happen?"

"Well, seeing as how everything has been recently, people will probably assume that he's trying to kidnap Ares." Reyna predicts, running her hands over her soft blanket. 

"Whatever they think is going on, they'll probably recognize Ariadne. You need to leave." Frank said.

 Great, I thought. We'll make the papers again tomorrow. I imagined the headline: TWELVE-YEAR-OLD OUTLAW BEATS UP DEFENSELESS BIKER.