"Y-Yes?"

He posed the statement as a question before pointing over to where the prisoner should be tied up, and upon further inspection of my thudding footfalls racing over to bind the sentinel creature back with the vines and ropes from earlier, I noted that the creature was indeed missing with an aggressive, primal roar of anger bursting from the depths of my chest.

The roar shook the trees, startled the birds out of tree branches and my cousin jumped out of his skin at the startling, planet shaking sound that erupted from my lungs.

Turning on my heels, fury burned across my hardened features.

How could Zion have thought that releasing the prisoner was in the best interests of our group?

Did he not think that the creature was vicious?

Destructive?

It had already destroyed one ocean upon entering our atmosphere unannounced and unwanted, who was to say that this one incident wasn't the start of an entire planet invasion?

For all any of us knew, this creature could have already alerted an entire fleet of an army and we would be under attack within seconds now.

All because of my cousin who couldn't manage to mind his own business.

"Why would you do such a thing, Zion? What thoughts were muddling the logic in your brain, what was compelling you into doing such an idiotic action that probably cost us the lives of our entire population as a whole?!"

My voice rose with anger towards the end of my rant and my cousin meekly dropped his head out of both respectfulness and fear, Zion knew he had just made a detrimental mistake by unknowingly endangering the lives of our people when he untied the creature and now, it was my duty to track it down and recapture it before something bad happened.

And more deaths were placed upon my head.

Zion let out a squeaking sound of fear as I stomped towards him, my cousin nearly cowering out of panic alone as I still towered over him by several good inches or so.

But just because I was older, taller, stronger and faster, that didn't necessarily mean that I knew the difference between right and wrong anymore then Zion did.

Though one thing's for sure, I knew not to let that prisoner escape like he had done and if it did happen, I would've told somebody instead of letting them find out firsthand.

"Do not dare to move, I shall handle this situation immediately. Do you understand this?"

Zion quickly nodded his head, eyes wide as his pupils were dilated with worry and panic and I nodded back to him in agreement before storming off in the direction that I'm sure the creature was heading towards.

That is, if the loosened vines and smaller bare footprints in the dirt were any indication that this path was the one chosen and taken by the sentinel being.

And so, my feet pounded against the soft dirt ground as my legs propelled my largely muscular body forwards, knowing that I'd catch up to the being if the sound of my footfalls echoing around me, the pinpoint panicked breaths that my sharpened hearing picked up on making my heart skip a beat while a wicked smile appeared upon my face.

Sooner rather than later, I had caught up to the prisoner in little to no time, the glimpse of light hair upon the creature burning the same fiery hot color that our fire was creating back at the campsite catching my eye and peaking my interest as the creature screamed and flailed its punier arms, its tongue moving faster in a language more foreign than I've ever heard before as it clearly tried to ward me off from approaching it further.