. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙 .

- 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕.-

Just as Maddy was about to open the door, something flew in her direction. She didn't realize what it was but something inside her told her to close the door. So she did it. 

A crack and clink was heard before the girl could open the door. What she saw stole her speech. Broken glasses, picture frames, plates and much more lay scattered on the floor. Maddy was mad. She wanted to throw her parents out of the house. Roger just stood there and watched everything with a careful eye.

„YOU FUCKING BITCH!“, her father screamed and grabbed the next glass he could destroy. But before that happened, the girl next to Roger interfered.

„STOP THAT FUCKING SHIT!“, she screamed and both pairs of adults' eyes landed on her. She'd had enough of the arguments. She was fed up with being treated like air. It was enough for her.

Roger looked at her in shock. He never thought Maddison could get so loud. But he liked that she also has a loud chaotic side.

„All you do is argue! Have a look around! Everything is destroyed and you don't even realize it! Do you think of me too?! What I think about that?! How am I doing?! NO! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!“, she had let it all out.

Everything that has accumulated in recent years was gone. It felt good, but at the same time she wanted nothing more than a normal family. A mother who loved her daughter and went shopping with her. A father you could talk to about anything and help you with your homework. A single tear ran down her cheek but she ignored it.

„You don't love me and you know what? It's better this way. You are the worst parents in history.“, with that Maddy grabbed Roger's arm and pulled him behind her up the stairs to her room. She couldn't stand it here any longer. Everything broke.

It was over in the girl's room. She closed the door behind her and burst into tears. Why did she have to have such a shitty life? Why not someone else? Was it too much to ask to have a normal family? Roger took her in his arms. He pressed her against his body. She buried her head in his chest and cried all over his shirt, but he didn't care. She didn't deserve this. Not even in a thousand years. She clutched her hands in his arms. She sought support and he offered it to her. 

„Why me Roger? Why?“, she said tearfully.

The blond boy didn't have an answer for that. He didn't know. How should he? He didn't know the situation. But he would make sure that she gets better. Roger gently stroked her head to calm her down. He was sorry.

„I don't know it. But I know we're going to pack some things and go over to my house, okay?“, he said cautiously and let her go.

He grabbed the black backpack which was in a corner and walked in front of her closet. Roger stuffed in some pants, shirts, sweaters and several pairs of socks. He blindly reached into her underwear compartment and grabbed some panties and bras. It was a bit uncomfortable, but it went faster that way. He packed his leather jacket and a gray cardigan. He zipped up the backpack and walked back to Maddy who was still sitting on the floor of her room. He shouldered the backpack and helped her get back on her feet.

„Come on, let's go. Mum will understand and with a bit of luck I can sleep on the couch.“, he said hoping to make her smile.

It worked. A small smile formed on her face. The two walked hand in hand downstairs to where both parents were sitting on the couch in the living room. With a certain distance. Maddy just ignored her parents and walked past them with Roger. She didn't want to be just a stopgap anymore.

„I never want to see them again.“, she whispered as the two stood in the hallway.

Roger understood why she said that. But he knew she didn't mean it that way. Or at least he hoped so.

„Let's go.“, with these words they both left the Park family home and made their way to the Taylor's house.