. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 .

-𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕.-

Why didn't Maddy want to meet the boys? In any case, it can't be because she's too shy. But I couldn't change her mind that easily either. She was a very stubborn person and that was by nature. She got that from her mother. All three had smiles on their faces as I walked towards them. But that changed quickly when they saw how thoughtful I walked to them.

The thing with Maddy just didn't let me rest. Why? Did she have a special reason? And if so, why isn't she talking to me? Did I do something wrong? Is she mad? What was it? I don't know it.

„Is everything alright darling?“, Freddie asked as I stopped by him, Brian and Roger.

Everyone looked at me with a worried look. I could only think of my best friend. I know that besides me she had another friend named Anita. She was a grade or two above me and Maddy. The two met in Latin class and hit it off straight away. And as a bonus, they had to do a presentation together. I think Brian knows Anita, but I'm not 100% sure.

„It's not that important. Shall we go in? We still have time to practice.“, I tried to deviate from the topic but it never worked very well with Freddie.

As long as he didn't know what was worrying us, practice could wait. As I had thought, it didn't work. It would've surprised me if it actually worked.

„John  Richard Deacon, you tell us what worries you. No back talk.“, his serious voice allowed no contradiction.

Even though Freddie was my best friend next to Maddy, I didn't tell him everything. Rog and Brian didn't know about my best friend either. I mean, of course I've mentioned her in some conversations, but I've never made her the main topic of our conversations. 

„I mentioned that I have a best friend. I wanted to introduce her to you but she refuses every time. I wonder why, I mean did I do something wrong or say something wrong?“, I explained.

Roger looked at me with astonished eyes. What was so surprising about that? That she's a girl or that I have other friends too? I may be quiet and reserved but you just can't let a childhood friend go.

„I'm sure she has a reason, give her some time John.“, Brian said and smiled at me.

He always had the right words and knew how to calm someone down. Freddie nodded in agreement and Roger still looked shocked. Was it really that scary? I just sighed and looked at the school building.

„Shall we go in slowly? We can forget about practicing now thanks to someone.“, was all I said about it.

The three of us looked at Freddie who just shrugged his shoulders calmly. He knew we weren't mad at him. It was meant more for fun than serious.

„We don't need practice, Deacy.”, he said and smiled at us all.

I had to agree with him there. Our band was really good, but nobody had noticed that before. Queen, as we are called as a band, is getting better every day. We can take a break from time to time. Like today, since we missed practicing. 

„Lets just go, yeah?”, I said.

I didn't want to talk about it any further. Freddie nodded and Brian agreed too. Roger was still in his own world. But Brian had found a cure for his daydreaming. And what he did helped too. It helped every time. He just hit him on the upper arm.

„Ouch!“, Roger yelled and was back with us both physically and mentally.

Brian looked proud of himself. He and Roger had known each other for a while, so these gestures were normal between the two of them. It was free cinema for Freddie and me, without popcorn, but at least we didn't have to pay anything. 

„We're going into the building Princess Roger.“, Freddie said and I couldn't help but grin at the nickname.

Brian couldn't help it either and so we both stood there grinning. The three of them were crazy, chaotic, loud and sometimes annoying but that's what made them special.

„Shut up Freddie!“, he just said and walked ahead.

Stupid idea.

The next thing that happened had us all rolling on the floor laughing. Roger ran into a lantern and hit his head. We all couldn't stop laughing. It just looked too funny as he wanted to walk to the building and then ran into the lantern.

„Stop laughing you idiots! You could have warned me!“, Roger said annoyed.

We slowly calmed down. Roger now had a red spot on his forehead and you could definitely see that he ran into something. There will definitely be a lot of questions.

„You have eyes in your own head Rog and it's your own fault.“, Bri meant and winked at the blond.

He, in turn, turned in a huff, and this time walked straight to the school building. Without any obstacles. Brian, Freddie and I looked at each other again with a grin and then followed him.