. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 .

-𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕.-

John had approved his regular seat. He always sat in the blue armchair that was diagonally in front of the television. The other three sat down on the couch and looked around in more or less amazement. I just sat on the arm of the chair and stared at the TV.

„This is Freddie, Brian and Roger. Guys this is Maddison.“, introduced John.

I had no idea what to say so I just didn't say anything. This was forced so I could just go to my room. But that would be rude and I'm not like that, which is why I stayed seated on the armrest.

„It's really nice to finally meet you, darling. How long have you and John been friends?“, asked the guy with the black hair.

His name must have been Freddie. Or is it Brian? No I'm sure it was Freddie. Roger's out anyway.

„We've known each other since we were little. Our mothers are friends.“, I replied, ignoring the first sentence.

I was also kind of happy, but it was still mean that John had just done it like that. He should have at least called me or something. A warning would have been nice. But after yesterday I can understand that he brought Freddie, Brian and Roger here just like that.

„Do you live alone in this huge house?“

„No, but my father is never there and my two older brothers have moved out. My mom is out with friends.“, I said to the curly head whose name had to be Brian.

Freddie and Roger were already taken. I didn't know if it made sense to say that I was practically always alone, but what were they going to do with this information? It wasn't too important now and didn't say anything about me yet.

„Where does the music come from?“, Roger suddenly asked into the silence.

Everyone stayed calm and I listened more closely. You could softly hear the melody of "Help!" by the Beatles. Shit. I forgot to turn off the recorder. John and I looked at each other and probably thought the same thing.

„From my room. The Beatles are always on.“, I explained a bit embarrassed and got up from the armrest.

„ I'll be right back.“, I said and ran to the stairs to get to my room.

At the top of the stairs and out of sight of the boys, I breathed a sigh of relief. It was damn awkward and embarrassing to have four guests all at once.

John you smooth little shit.

That mean's payback when the time comes. "And I love her" was playing in my room and I wanted to forget the boys downstairs and dance to the song. But that was rude so I turned off the recorder and put the record back in its case. It was a greatest hits record, but I had most of the albums in the shelf on vinyl.

I bought most of them myself but also got many as gifts from John, Dad or my brothers. I was the youngest but that never bothered me. Robin and Noah were always there for me and I can always visit them whenever I want. Robin was the oldest, he was twenty-two. Noah was nineteen and I am sixteen. I've always gotten along with them, and that's how it still is today.

I was downstairs again and heard only one: „Roger put that damn photo back on the shelf!“.

If I'm not mistaken it was Brian who said that because it couldn't be Freddie. He had actually sat down in the armchair and observed everything with an amused expression on his face. I could see him because the chair was in my field of vision.

I walked slowly and quietly to Freddie and also watched what happened. Roger was holding the photo of me and Dad. At that time I was in a karate club and I won the black belt. He was so proud of me that he bought me a bike back then. The bike was still in the garage.

Since he got his new job he is hardly at home and when he is at home he just sleeps all day. We haven't done anything together for a long time.

„That was one of the best days of my life. Dad had never been so proud.“, I said and everyone let out a scream.

I couldn't help but laugh. It looked so funny how Roger almost dropped the photo and just saved it. Freddie almost fell off the chair and Brian sat stock still in his place on the couch. John had seen me but was still frightened.

„Can you do that again? That looked funny.“, I said rather jokingly to them.

„How long have you been standing there?“, John asked a bit shocked and looked at me with a grin.

I just shrugged and sat down next to Brian as Roger was still standing holding the photo. He put it back on the shelf.

„You don't see him often do you?“, Freddie said when he saw my sad look.

I just nodded and that was enough for them to answer.

„John is often with me so I'm not too lonely.“, I said and looked at him gratefully.

His friends weren't so bad after all. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He will probably always be my best friend. He knows what makes me happy and what doesn't. Freddie smiled at me too.

„If you're friends with John, you're friends with us too. 4 for the price of 1. And you won't get rid of it anytime soon, dear.“

„Who says I want to get rid of you?“, I asked in return and winked at Freddie.

I don't think it's so bad to have more than one friend. Thanks John. I'm glad to meet your friends. But I still get my revenge.