- "amore, aren't you too tired? You've been awake for quite a few hours now." Indeed it was now 22:30 it had been a little over 24 hours that Carina was awake.

- "I've been sleeping for 6 weeks... I'll be fine."

- "Okay, we'll go to the gifts and then we'll let you go," Lane said. He looked at his wife and spoke with her eyes.

- "Okay, girls, our first gift to you is a joint gift," Katherine said, handing them each a large envelope.

The two girls looked at each other. What could it be?
They each opened their envelopes to discover: a ticket to an American football game, a visit to the Grand Canyon with an overnight stay in a hotel, a day of relaxation at the spa, a visit to a Native American museum and cultural
center, a visit to an Arizona ghost town and a mine. All transportation was included and a credit card was in Maya's envelope for incidental expenses. A very busy schedule for the 8 days they had left together.

- "wow mom, dad, are you crazy?! "

Carina didn't know where to put herself: "Thank you, thank you very much".

- "you're welcome girls, we weren't going to leave you a week at the base."

The two girls screamed with joy, they stood up and jumped around.
They took Maya's parents in their arms.

- "Go on, you can go, I don't think you want to spend your evening with the two of us" says Katherine

- "but... What about your gifts?"

-"It will be light tomorrow, Kiddo, go and enjoy Carina" replied Lane

The two girls did not hesitate, after kissing again Maya's parents they joined their accommodation of the week.

On the short way they had to go they discussed

- "I can't believe what your parents gave us, they are crazy"

- "I also believe they blame themselves... For..."

- "okay usually I'm a little pissed off at them for that, but this... I'm too happy to be mad at them for taking the love of my life to the other side of the earth."

They had arrived at door 26. They entered.

- "okay... So... Earlier you mentioned a few things" Carina said running her finger down Maya's spine whispering in her ear as Maya's back was to her. "The table, the island, the counter top... This dress has been driving me crazy all night and my fingers are itching."

---

It was Christmas morning.

- "What time do we have to be at your parents' house?" she said from the bathroom

- "Hmmm noon I think it's good" she answered from the bedroom

- "Okay, I need you to close your eyes, I'm bringing you one of your Christmas presents"

- "But we had to bring our gifts to my parents' house."

- "Take a look around and if you want to open it at your parents' house, so be it," she said in the doorway.

Maya opened her eyes to find Carina in sexy Santa lingerie.

- "Merry Christmas to me" said the blonde, glaring at her girlfriend.

- "So... do you want to open it there or in front of your parents?"

- "I hesitate but, I might open it now..."

----

The two young women got ready to go to the blonde's parents' house. They had put on a more comfortable outfit than the day before.