- "So what's it saying here?" Travis asked as he sat down heavily next to Carina

- "not much and you? "

- "I didn't remember Levi being so hot, he's got a little nerdy look with his glasses I love. Do you know if he ... Date anyone?"

- "not to my knowledge. You pick the one guy who doesn't speak your language well! "

-"Love is universal, darling. His tongue I'd need it for something other than talking if you know what I mean" he said, raising his eyebrows a few times

-"And you're not going to tell me that the little American girl doesn't have an effect on you" he slipped into the Italian's ear so that only she could hear.

- "What?!" She said shocked

- "stop my gaydar spotted you at 100 kilometers. He said again in her ear, which made her blush. "But don't worry, I'll keep it to myself" he said with a wink as he got up

- "he told you what?"

- "nothing nonsense as usual"

- "è la tua fidanzata?" Jo asked as she sat down with the two girls

-"no, una amica"

- "Maya, how long have you been in Sicily?" Jo asked as Maggie and Izzie returned

- "a little over three months"

- "and have you seen things you like here?"

- "the landscape is beautiful! I love it! "

- "she wanted to know if you liked a boy," Maggie said.

- "she especially wanted to know if you liked Andrea" Izzie bid

This earned an embarrassed look from Jo towards Carina, a look that had not escaped the American

- "Oh no... And no. Not Andrea, not another boy."

- "Are you a lesbian? You know like that other girl you used to bring in, the one with the state name, like Minnesota or Georgia?"

-"Arizona" Carina specified by lowering her head to look at her fingers which she was triturating herself

- "would that be a problem?" Maya asked

- "no, it's actually pretty cool, here young people don't assume too much, old Sicilians can sometimes be closed-minded"

Lexie who had joined them added: "I wouldn't mind trying it with a girl. Besides you're pretty".

Carina, if she had been a cartoon character, might have had smoke coming out of her ears and nose. She loved Lexie, but she loved Maya very much and there was no way she was going to steal the American from her.

Maya had seen that Carina was not necessarily happy with the turn of the conversation and replied: "So yes, I like girls. For Arizona, I can't tell you I didn't know her. And thank you Lexie for the proposition, I'll think about it but being just a tryst for a straight girl is not really my thing" she said while throwing a glance to Jo who felt embarrassed. She had sensed that Maya knew about her and Carina.

- "My door is open to you anyway," Lexie said with a wink.

- "Obviously it's not your door you're talking about," laughed Izzie.

If there was one to always put her foot down it was Izzie. Talking and then thinking. But that was why they all loved her. She was the goofball of the group.

- "well, what about Maya. Are there any cute boys at the base? Carina never talks about anyone," asked Maggie.

-"Carina is really popular with the boys," she said to tease her friend.