Bound By Blood

Summary: For the first time in years, Annie smells the perfume of her birth mother. While dragging you along, she decides to investigate.

Warnings: vampires, blood, blood sucking, heart outside of a body, death, bullets/guns.

Written By: ih3artgerm

-

To a newborn vampire, every sound is too loud, every bit of light is blinding and the hunger is overbearing. So how the hell did you find yourself in this situation to begin with?

15 Hours Earlier

"Annie, we have been walking for hours," you complain, though your words fall victim to deaf ears as the other girl is too focused on the fading smell, "can't we just stop for the day?"

She doesn't respond, she can't stop now, after all, this is the first time in years that she has smelled that scent, her birth mother's perfume. Words are not enough to describe the feelings that form in her chest, the anguish she is feeling.

Of course, there was a chance that she was overthinking it, that maybe this was just a random woman that she had been stalking for the past several hours but something inside of her was yelling, begging for her to keep moving forward and that she was right about this.

"Please, y/n," she turned around to flash you those usually vibrant blue eyes, now clouded by sadness and hunger, she clearly wasn't thinking straight, "just a little longer."

You sigh, knowing that there is no stopping her now, "at least feed from me, you look paler than usual." You roll up your sleeve, revealing your wrist to her. Annie ponders for a few moments, trembling hands touching your skin as her fangs come out of their hiding spot. She ultimately turns you away.

"You haven't eaten in hours," she offers you a gentle look and a smile, pulling the fabric down to shield your arm from the cold night wind, "there would be no nutritional value in your blood."

"I'm sorry," you say, taking a couple of protein bars out of your back pocket, "give me two minutes to reload and you will be able to feed. If not, I also have some beef jerky, I'm pretty sure."

"Don't worry about me. I will be ok." As you begin to eat, Annie's nose twitched, and suddenly the scent becomes twice as strong, so much that even you are able to smell it from afar. It lets you know that the two of you are on the right trail and getting closer to your destination with each step you take.

In a little less than five minutes, the two of you find yourselves standing outside of the biggest house either of you has ever seen. The gates are taller than you would imagine and a wall as long as the eye can see surrounds the property. You can hear water flowing as the edges of Liberio's river flow through the property, "This is it."

"Are you sure?" you ask and she nods. She brings her arm towards the front of your body, gently pushing you backward in a motion to prevent you from making your way past the bushes you find yourself hiding in.

"I... think I remember this place," Annie responds, a somber tone in her voice. She looks from a spot in between the trees, pointing towards the area in front of the massive silver gates. Through her eyes, you could see the shape of her little body, cradled in one layer of blankets on the cold, hard ground, "That's where they left me to die."

Her vision is now a mixture of blue from the tears and red from all the rage. You have to physically hold her back because you know that, in her current state, she doesn't stand a chance against the armed guards. She needs to feed, and soon.

So while holding onto her with one arm wrapped around her torso, you use the other to reach for a sharp rock. As you begin to lose your grip on Annie, you bring the geode towards your wrist and immediately your skin splits open, blood begins gushing out and Annie's eyes return to their natural color once you bring the warm liquid towards her mouth.