Please Be... My Alibi [part 2]

Summary: In the early morning, the same day Sawney and Bean are killed, Annie comes to your bedroom window. She quickly realizes the best way to distract you...

tsukidrama's note: i think this ended up getting away from me... if i can't

-

NSFW warning: oral sex (receiving), vaginal fingering, light dirty talk, service top Annie.

-

In the next week or two, things never really settle down. The world exists in a strange sunset state, and truthfully it doesn't come as a surprise to anyone when everything changes. The battle of Trost was a game-changer, and the military's efforts had ramped up.

Within the few days it took for the city to be cleaned up and some semblance of order to be restored, all of your effort goes into keeping your mind off of some darker thoughts. Once the bodies are cleaned up the work gets a lot easier, though it's still unnerving to come across entirely destroyed scenes with half-washed blood still streaking the rubble.

It's chilling. You want to ignore it and turn your back to the hoses, but it seems disrespectful. Instead, you watch the water run red down the streets for what feels like hours before finally, it turns clear.

Your heart stays cracked open. After that night in the barracks, Annie's attitude went back to more or less normal. She ices you out and every time you try to check in, she pushes you further away. It's like she wants to pretend like that night in your room never happened. She wants to act like she never had that moment of weakness like she never connected with you and lay herself bare.

It's typical of her when you stop and think about it. Yet you can't help but take it extremely personally when she ignores you straight to your face. Had it meant nothing to her? Was that level of openness the thing that was going to drive you away from her in the end?

It doesn't make much sense, but you blame yourself. You could've done something differently. You regret letting the conversation get as dark as it did. Had you fucked everything up without being able to pinpoint why?

Was she running away from you? Had you finally said something that would chase her away for good; had it been the things you kept secret for so long? Or had you given her the wrong idea about what you wanted from her? Should you have kissed her, or tried to get her mind off of the subject entirely?

There are a few times whenever you're on cleanup that you and Annie are in the same area. When you try to talk to her, she will literally walk away. So, the only conversations you have with her are during meal times.

Most of what she brings up on her own has to do with graduation. You all know that she's going into the Military Police... it's the obvious choice for her to take, and the days have ticked away until now it's only a matter of time until she leaves.

You, on the other hand, have a more serious choice to make. Not being in the top 10 gives you two options, and you aren't particularly excited about either of them.

Annie, however, makes it very clear what she wants you to do.

"Choose the Garrison. It's where you're going to be the safest," she urges you, without being prompted. "Don't be reckless. A little bit of excitement isn't worth your life."

You roll your eyes. "Says you, who gets to go to the interior no matter what."

"It's not like I'm going to enjoy it! I'm doing what I can to stay alive, too," she argues back, "I'll be doing thankless grunt work just the same as you. So will everyone who joins the Scouts."