25

Chaeryeong's POV

While I was in the middle of talking with Lia unnie and Ryujin, my phone suddenly rang.  Of course I had to answer it.

::::::::

"Hello?"

"Don't say hello to me you ungrateful kid. You get your ass back here at the house"

"W-what?"

"I know that you're the reason we don't get money now. Don't act like you don't"

"But I didn't do anything"

"Oh, so now that you live with that rich girl Yeji you're acting like that. You're going here at this house at this instant"

"And what if I don't?"

"You'll regret it, I'm going to throw away all of your things that are still in your room"

My heart pounded, I can't let her throw away my stuff. The photo album was still there, pictures of me, eomma, unnie and appa together were in there and I don't want to lose it.

"So?"

"I-I'll go"

:::::::::

I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket. Lia unnie and Ryujin looked at me confusingly.

"What's wrong?" Lia unnie asked

"Nothing...... I'll be heading home" I lied

"Want us to drop you off?" Ryujin asked me but I shook my head

"I'll be fine, I'll take a taxi instead" I told them and they nodded

I bid them goodbye and they did the same. I then went out of their house and got a tazxi to drive me to appa's house. I just hope they didn't do anything to my things, they're important to me.

When I arrived, I took a deep breath before going in. As soon as I closed the door and turned around, I felt a burning pain on my cheek.

She slapped me.....

"Are you happy now?! Are you happy that we don't have money?!" my step mom yelled at me as I was holding onto my right cheek, it hurts so much.

"What are you talking about? I didn't take any of your money" I said in defense

"Liar, you know about it" Ji-eh then said. I was obviously confused what they were talking about. I was finally doing my own business but then they drag me into this.

"The money from your father's company, they took it away from me, from us. Did you do this to make us poor huh?! Just because you're living with a rich girl you think like that?" my step mom asked once again.

I kept quiet because I don't really know what to say.

"YAH! ANSWER!" she yelled at me and grabbed both of my upper arms. Her grip on me was too tight and I was afraid bruises would form.

"I DON'T KNOW!" I yelled back and she pushed me away. Good thing I didn't fell.

"You all earn money's from work, why do you need my appa's money?" I asked them as tears fall to my cheeks.

"Oh, so you're talking back now huh" my step mom asked and went towards me. She slapped my face again and grabbed my hair.

"PLEASE STOP! IT HURTS!" I begged, my cheeks were burning, my upper arms are hurt, I couldn't take it.

She dragged me to the guest room and threw me on the floor. As I thought that was enough she went towards me and started abusing me more. She slapped my face again, kicked my legs and gripped my upperarms as she faced me.