settle down

"Life is not a problem which can be solved by marrying someone instead it is a journey which can be enjoyed by being with someone

"Life is not a problem which can be solved by marrying someone instead it is a journey which can be enjoyed by being with someone."

It was again almost midnight y/n is sneaking in her house like a cat who didn't want to catch anyone's attention. she heads up to her room by the backstairs tip towing silently and then she heard a voice.
"Y/n you are again late"
She turned to the hallway and saw her parents sitting on the couch.
"why are you guys still up?" she said softly.
"We were waiting for you." her mom said again in a calm voice.
"Ohh....Okay will meet tomorrow good night" she said in one breath and quickly turned towards her way but she stopped the very next second when she heard her mom saying,
"Go get yourself freshen up and come back quickly to have dinner."
"But mom I had something in the evening and I don't have an appetite." Y/n said making an excuse out of her tiredness.
"Y/n! dear, I know you are tired but you should take care of yourself. And I know these days you are mostly skipping your meals or just not having a healthy diet. Don't do that and now go I'll arrange the table." By saying this her mom stood up and walked towards kitchen.
"But mommmmm!" Y/n said with a huff.
"Sweety! Listen to your mom" again a lovely voice appeared from the couch.
"Okay dad" y/n said with a pout because she knows that with her parents she can't win and here they are on the right side so there is no way other than giving up against them.
"That's like my girl. Now go.
Am waiting, I wanna talk to you about something." her dad said with a pleasant smile.
After some time y/n get back at the dinning table.
"What was the thing you were talking about dad?" She said grabbing his spoon.
"Y/n have your dinner first. I made your favourite tteokbokki." her mom said serving her the dish.
"Will talk after this" her dad said patting his hand on her head affectionately.
She was thinking while munching on her food. how caring her parents are but she is ignoring them due to her own flood of responsibilities, After getting her dream project in the Korea herald megazine she was very busy from the last month. She barely had any weekend off or any kind of day off from her work. She left her home in the early morning and come back late in the night, till then her parents are mostly sleeping. She suddenly noticed that this the first time this month when she is having any meal with her parents. she even forgot that she also have responsibilities towards them. She look at their faces they seemed calm and peaceful.
After having dinner they settle down on the couch.
"I want to say something dad, before you talk" y/n said facing her dad.
"Yes sweetie I'm listening" her dad said softly.
"I know dad I am very busy from the past month and I am not giving you guys enough time but I promise I'll spent a whole lot of time with you after completing this." Y/n said being a little upset.
"Y/n! Dear don't feel like that we are so happy seeing you working on what you love. Don't feel bad about this." Her mom said making her a little less anxious.
"We are proud of you sweetie." Her dad said holding her hand gently.
"I got the best parents in the world" she got up and said hugging them both.
"And we got the best daughter" her parents said in unison.
"I love you guys" y/n got emotional saying this.
"And we love you too dear" her mom said wiping her tears.
"Okay! Enough of being emotional now.
Dad you were talking about something important" y/n said giving a small smile to her dad.
"Yeah I wanna talk about your future sweetie!" Her dad said.
"Ohh! don't worry dad, now my growth is stable. I had made my portfolio desirable over the time and now many people want to work with me. So don't get stressed about my future now." Y/n said clearly.
"That's great sweetie! But....." Her dad stopped in the middle of his sentence.
"But what dad? Is there anything else?" Y/n gave her parents a questionable look.
"Actually we are thinking that now you should settle down y/n" her mom break the silence once again.
"Yeah mom, I know. I am trying my best. I am also thinking about the same. I'll start my own firm after getting some more experience." Again she said telling about her future plans.
"Sweetie! We are not talking about your career" her dad said in a low voice and took a deep breath and said again
"We are talking about your marriage"
Y/n felt a little bit uneasy but making her herself calm she said,
"But dad......you said you'll give me some time."
"And it's already one and a half year sweetie" he said looking into her eyes.
"And now your work is also going smoothly. So it's the perfect time to let someone enter in your life." Her dad again said making her understood their point of view.
"But dad" y/n was not convinced yet.
"You should give it a try y/n" her mom said.
"Yeah sweetie! I am not telling you to marry just tomorrow. I am saying that now you should think about this." Her dad said caressing her cheeks.
Y/n give them a small nod.
"Okay then, now go and sleep. It's already late." Her mom said.
Y/n got up from the couch and head up towards her room. Little part of her now did think about letting someone invade her own world which she made since her childhood.
One question that is spinning in her head is that
"Did she really want someone to enter in that world?"
And thinking about all these things she didn't know when she got drifted off in the deep slumber.
From the next day she again involved in her busy life and for once she completely forgot about what her parents said to her but after a few days, she was getting ready for her work and then her mom said making her remember everything,
"Y/n Come back early dear! Today we have some guests at our home"
Y/n sighed and said "ohk mom".

"Mommy why can't I take my bear with me to their house?
I don't wanna go without him."

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I'll post the second chapter soon till than show your support to this one by like and vote.
Thank you for reading army💜
사랑해 요!
- purple heart MJ