Chapter 25: Back To The Present

A few hours ago: when Sihyeon barged into Jisung's live

Yiren, munching on a packet of wafers on her favourite spot on the floor, somewhere amidst the mess, watched idol covers on YouTube. As she did, her phone tinged with a notification from VLive.

Thinking that it was Minho, she hastily grabbed it, disappointed when it was just someone going live. However, when she noticed the name of the live, she realized that it was that one squirrel who helped her during her trainee days. Han Jisung.

Giggling, she paused the video on her laptop and switched to her mobile phone, clicking on that notification to access the VLive.

And he sat there, looking rather tired and dull than most days. She scrunched in her eyebrows, staring at him speaking rather calmly. It was all nice and warm, with him sharing smiles every now and then and talking about his day.

But that calm didn't last for long... before someone knocked on his door.

"Go away!" he irritably murmured, then returning to the live, chuckling awkwardly, "Heh, don't mind them. It's probably Hyunjin. He just won't-"

Yiren watched intently as the viewers heard the door swing open, and then a woman's yells, "I love you, Jisung! I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Yiren gasped, "THERE'S NO WAY THAT THAT JUST HAPPENED!"

Jisung stared at the woman to his left (whose face was still out of the frame) for about two crisp seconds before muttering a little, "Shit."

With that, he ended the live — while all the Stays were busy panicking and online-yelling about the sudden confession from the mystery girl. And Yiren felt herself be very cocky over the fact that she knew it was definitely Sihyeon.

She laughed at the screen going black, and during the peak of laughter, she called up Minho.

The call dialed and rang, and when Minho picked it up, Yiren literally laughed maniacally at the phone. However, her laughter toned down for a bit when she heard familiar faint gasps and screams from the other side — as if Minho was standing around the rest of the members and they were busy panicking. And she could understand.

Perhaps Minho walked a few steps away from them, since their words sounded fainter and fainter, "Yiren!"

"I know!" she laughed again, "That was Sihyeon, right?"

"Yeah," Minho whispered, "And this is a mess! This is that one time when Jisung convinced the managers to let him go live all alone, and this happened. That JYP dude will cry, because, like, he was genuinely offended when Chan didn't tell him about Aisha!"

"Oh, my!" Yiren felt short of breath while laughing too hard.

"I gotta go! These guys, I swear!" Minho whisper-cursed, and he hung up.

Yiren left her phone, knowing that things were going to get messy, now that Sihyeon had revealed herself to Stays, albeit unintentionally. And she didn't even want to think about what would happen if people got to know that she herself was dating Lee Minho.

Too scary. Change the channel.

So she texted him:

Me:
I'm glad I have you <3

---

Present day

Yiren scrolled down Twitter, where #JisungsMysteryGirl wad trending already.

"Damn, they really are panicking," she giggled, mouthing another wafer. Apparently, the packet of wafers that she had been consuming was lasting too long; maybe because it wasn't filled with air, like Lay's'.

Anyway.

She read through the accounts who were theorizing about Jisung's relationship:

'Guys, it could be Hyunjin trying to fool us, for all we know. Clownville is being fooled too easily, sigh.'

'OMG IS IT MINHO NOONA?????'

'Maybe that mystery girl is the noona that Sung had been searching since his predebut era.'

As she was busy laughing at the bubbling clownery, her phone rang with a call. Concerned as to who would call her so late at night, she cautiously grabbed her phone — and then sighed at her own crime-obsessed brain, because it was Minho.

"Hey, you didn't even repl-"

"Yiren."

"Um? Minho."

She felt a sigh from the other end, and then he spoke, "I messed up."

Yiren felt the hair on her arm erecting, and she anxiously stuffed a wafer in her mouth and let out, "Wh-What?"

"Chan noticed that last text you sent me. And, now... Stray Kids know about us."

She spat out that wafer, "WHAT!"

"Calm down, it was a hard task escaping everyone. I'm currently hiding under Jeongin's piano," Minho grimaced.

"MINHO!"

"YEAH?"

"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS!"

"WHY?"

"BECAUSE... I WAS LAUGHING AT JISUNG JUST A FEW HOURS AGO, AND NOW... OH, GOD!"

"It's not a big deal-"

"JUST ASK THEM IF I CAN BE AISHA'S BEST GIRL AT HER AND CHAN'S WEDDING!"

"...What the-"

(a/n: WE ARE BACK TO THE PRESENT TIME!! AND GET READY HUEHUEHUE~

Did you like this?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)