Emotional breakdown- Part 1

I did change my style of writing a bit and have considered your suggestions. Thankyou for your valuable time and suggestions, I hope you'll enjoy reading my stories. 😊

Recap:

Teju's POV:

Now that I was done talking to Om ...... I came back to the room to see the thing I dreaded the most .....

I went running towards him ...... I slapped him hard and the only words that slipped out of my mouth were, 'Have you lost it.......'

I felt as if somebody had stabbed me in the heart.

Continued.......

Karan attempted suicide! I could not believe what I had seen despite having seen it from my own eyes. There he was holding a knife in his hand and all set to slit his wrist. Shocked, I rushed to him, snatched the knife and slapped him hard on his cheek.

I was unable to comprehend that my dear friend ( the love of my life but I decided to be friends and go with the flow) and itv superstar Karan Kundrra could do such a foolish thing.

His failure at love, the constant hurling of accusations at him, his tarnished reputation that he must have built with lots of hard work over a long time span and today that IV of his ex and Pratik's words must have driven him to take this extreme step.

"I never thought that you are such a coward and feeble-minded as to attempt suicide!" I burst out angrily.

It seemed he had no courage to even face me. I faced him and was looking at him with expectant eyes, nevertheless he had chosen to keep quiet.

He just kept on looking away at my family picture hung on the wall as if trying to find his family within it, hoping that my bombardment would mellow down even as he tried to fight his tears.

We were sitting in the bedroom, so still as to have been mistaken for statues, if not for our heavy breathing. The air was surcharged with emotions. We were there for half-an-hour now.

I was so furious that I had been rebuking and reprimanding him ever since. He had been receiving it silently. It was then that I had even shut up and decided to wait for him to start speaking. Yet there was no response.

I knew, I had to make him speak. He had to let go of his emotions. He refused to show them but were surely howling within him.....

But what could I do, I had tried all possible methods, questioning him, shouting at him, staying silent so as to giving him time and lastly I had even slapped him yet the tears that were filled in his eye peeping out of the corner of the eye refused to fall off .....

What came next in my mind was a path I was hesitant to take to make him open up but now I felt that it was the only option left with me .... The way of care and love. To make him speak I had to break the imaginary facades and walls built around him to protect his heart. I had to be doing it with utmost care and affection in order to just break the barriers and not him.

I knew this was going to be tough. I had to show love but I just couldn't let all my own barriers also break, I had some limitations and to top it all he was drunk and vulnerable. Keeping these thoughts aside, I decided to give it a shot.

I knelt on the floor in front of him. My hands kept on his knees. I looked up at his eyes which were still fixed at the family pic. I took a deep breath as I spoke, " You miss them, don't you?"

He immediately shifted his gaze at me, as if my words had hit a chord deep within his heart, although the right place, it surely came as a shock for him. It seemed as if he was caught off guard.

We both were looking at each other. The eye contact we had was intense. I tried to read the emotions in the eyes, the eyes that were behind the thick wall of tears .... It was difficult as it felt as if he was trying to mask them up.

Karan's POV:

I don't know how but it seemed as if she could just see the vulnerable me behind the facade I had. Her question seemed to have hit the correct spot.

The intensity of the eye contact we were having seemed to have been crumbling all my walls even before my knowledge.

I was scared to let go of those barriers and let her in .... Yes , I wanted her to comfort me, be there for me but I didn't want her to see me vulnerable and broken ..... I masked up the emotions in my welled up eyes.

She brought me out of my thoughts as she spoke,"I know probably you don't want me to see you emotional but after what happened sometime back I cannot leave you on your own.You need to open up."

Soon enough I recalled what had happened sometime before,what I had done and how she questioned me .... if I was a coward and a feeble-minded person.

How I wish, I could reverse that moment but had that not taken place I wouldn't know how concerned she was for me. Her slap reminded me of my mom, now I was left even more emotional and the small child in me was craving for the warm and protective embrace of my mother, the peace and comfort of her lap and love and affection of her forehead kisses, in-between her hands ruffling my hair.

It used to make me forget everything in the world that troubled me. All my worries used to be gone and I would fall into a sound deep sleep.

I couldn't help but feel a cold shiver run down my spine as she spoke,"I know you must be missing your mom, her hugs and comfort.

I know I cannot take her place. Nobody in this world can take the place of a mother but I assure you I can be a good listener and secret keeper.

I want you to let go of everything and open up but I know it's gonna be tough and you need energy for it. Stay here, I'm going to get food. And remember no more stupid stunts of yours."

She left after saying this. I was looking at her retreating figure and wondering whether she was a magician or she knew the art of reading minds.

She was bang on correct about what I felt. But hearing her voice my thoughts, so on point, made me feel bare in front of her, it wouldn't be exaggeration if I would say I was shit scared.

Teju's Pov:

I don't know what kind of connection or bond we share but it feels as if I can read his mind..... Maybe because his eyes just emote his heart really well I thought.....Not wanting to accept the love brewing between us......

I warned him of not pulling off anymore stunts and then I left to bring food for him ..... I had to make sure he eats something. So, he doesn't get dehydrated due to excess consumption of alcohol.....

Well, I was scared of him doing something despite being warned so I quickly took out some khichdi I had already prepared for lunch in a bowl and kept it in the microwave for heating.

Meanwhile, I prepared two glasses of lemon juice and had kept an antacid ready. Then, I put all the things in the tray and took it back to the room......

I reach the room and somehow managed to push the door open and here I get to see another unexpected sight......

So what do you think happened now .......