Chapter 8: Magic War✔️

Sorcerer kingdom / 3rd pov

"Still no signs of them." Evileye became more and more worried as no signs of the twin sisters of the blue rose pop up.

The headstrong leader, Lakyus was also getting restless.
Though she wouldn't show it, all sorts of bad thoughts clouded her mind.

The once 5 women adamantite-ranked team had been reduced to a 2 woman team at the hands of a single death knight.
And right now, this kingdom was flooding with those monstrous creatures.
Though they were doing things unlike them, such as transporting carriages and construction work, it wouldn't be surprising if one of them suddenly snapped and returned to their merciless roots, killing everything that is living.

And what if that exact fate befell her companions?

"Lakyus!"

Evileye's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Sorry..I didn't hear you come in."

Evil eye only sighed in response. She could probably guess what her captain had been thinking.

"I spoke to some of the citizens here." Evil eye said.

"Apparently, Momon-Sama regularly strolls around the kingdom. If we can make contact with him during that time, we might be able to get some answers."

"Right"

"Did you find out anything about tia and Tina?"
Evileye looked hopefully at Lakyus.

"I checked with the adventurer guild, and they did indeed show up here before us." Lakyus replied.

"If they did indeed showed up, then their disappearance makes no sense..."

Evileye silently muttered to herself.

"You don't suppose...something happened to them...?"

With the events of their previous battle still fresh in her mind, the leader of the blue rose was like a closed up shell of her former self.

She could only mutter grimly at the thought.

"Lakyus!"

"Don't lose your head! Don't forget why she sacrificed her slept to make sure we make it this far!"

The revelation dawned on Lakyus.

"We'll find Tia and Tina."

"We'll get Momon-Sama's help!"

"And we'll take down Ainz ooal gown!"

Evileye spoke with determination and an expression in which Lakyus never thought she would've seen

It was obvious that she was trying to cheer her up.

And now, Lakyus felt stupid.

What was she so worried about?

What did Gagaran die for?