Chapter 16-20

Side Note:

Remember this series of Chapters isn't mine, I think you guys should give the owner some support because he hasn't completed the series yet. So maybe a bit of encouragement can finish the series

Chapter 16: "Crunch Time 2"

The quints arrive home a few minutes later, Fuutarou is sitting on the couch waiting for them. He looks up from a notebook and waves.

F: "Is everything taken care of?" He asks.

1: "Yeah. Sorry. It was sudden." Ichika walks up and sits at the table.

F: "Let's start studying, we're behind schedule." He says as he reaches for a book.

2: "There he goes again, acting like he owns the place." Nino grits her teeth as the quints begin studying.

An hour of rigorous studying passes, their hands aching from writing and their eyes burning from reading. Ichika has passed out with her head in the pages of a history book. Miku is motionless while holding a calculator in her hand. Yotsuba is out of breath as papers fall off of her face.

2: "We're done tonight right? I'm going somewhere." Nino stands up. Itsuki watches as she enters her room.

2: "Not tell him? How do I get rid of this thing?" She thinks as she takes out his photo. "If he catches me with this. I don't even want to think about talking to him." She scratches her head.

5: "Nino, I'm hungry!" Itsuki knocks on her door.

2: "Have someone else make dinner! I'm busy." She says back.

5: "I did, Miku's alread-" She says as Nino opens the door.

2: "I fell for it..." She scowls at Itsuki who has a smug look on her face.

3: "Fuutarou, what did you do while waiting for us?" Miku asks as she cuts up her dinner.

F: "Well, I tried to look for that thing I lost. Didn't get to search much though." He says before stuffing his mouth.

4: "How much does that mean to you anyway? It's just an old picture." Yotsuba says casually. A loud slam freezes everyone in place as they all turn to him. "I guess it means a lot to you, huh. Hahahaha.." She tries to diffuse the situation.

He calms down, and rubs his hand as everyone continues eating.

5: "I'm done, I'll be in my room." Itsuki gets up first. Fuutarou starts to get up, but Ichika stops him.

1: "I think she needs some alone time. Let her be." She says.

Everyone finishes up and goes to their rooms. Fuutarou asks if he can use the bath, to which Miku agrees to.

2: "Hmm, he's in the bath right now. He won't expect it, so he might answer honestly." Nino thinks to herself as she does the dishes. "What to ask about...I can ask about the picture by pretending to be Yotsuba...or I can ask why Itsuki's feeling down..." She ponders. "Wait, why am i even thinking about this?! I don't care about his dumb photo." She decides as she walks to the bathroom.

2: "Uesugi-kun, it's Itsuki. Is there something you want to tell me?" She says through the fogged up door.

F: "Itsuki? I'm sorry about the other day. I tried to tell you but you left before I could."

2: "What is it that you tried to tell me?"

F: "While it's true that I am doing it for the money, there's more to why I stayed as your tutor. I'm not sure how this happened, but I just want to help you girls grow."

2: "Is that all? If you excuse me, I'm going back to my studying. I don't want to be evicted." Nino says.

F: "About that...that was a lie. Your father said that so you girls would listen to me and study. Please don't tell your sisters, especially Nino. I trust you Itsuki." He says.