chapter 8: don julio and hair

Meanwhile, with Chris, Matt and Alana...
(Told from Matt's POV)

Alana and I waited for Chris to get in the car so we could leave for Mariah's. I don't know why Nick insisted him and Jay get another ride. It's just a waste of gas in my opinion.

"You should forgive him," Alana advised me. "If Jay did then you should too."

I hated when she was right. I was about to say something when Chris opened the back door. I told myself I'd be the bigger person.

I look back at Chris, trying to find anything to start a conversation with him. I can admit that I really did miss talking to him.

"Thanks for finding my phone bud." I said.

Chris looks up briefly from trying to tie his shoelaces. "What are you talking about?" Chris asked, genuinely confused.

"What? Didn't you text Alana from my phone to tell her you had it?"

This kid is an idiot.

Chris looks up, and back down at me. "Mmm...no."

I forgot Alana was there until she said, "Then who the fuck texted me?"

Now, back to Jay's POV.

Mariah let out a sinister giggle before walking away from me.

Matt told her?

Alana convinced Matt to lie to me?

Chris was just using me?

I suddenly lost the ability to speak. My world was spinning while I stood completely still. I turn around to try and locate Nick, but he's nowhere to be seen. I do, however, notice a very familiar bottle on a table near me. I picked it up, for old times sake.

Jay:

My mom loved Don Julio

My mom loved Don Julio. She always gave me the cork.

I would be lying if I said I'd never thought about what alcohol would do to me. However, I vowed to never take a sip in my life.