chapter 3: snacks and adam sandler

Nick ended up having a really smooth recovery, and left the hospital the next day with just a cast on his left arm.

"I fucking told Matt and Chris. Losing an arm is ten times worse than losing a leg." Nick says as he lays in bed, staring at his cast.

"I know, I know. I already made my promise to you that I'd do whatever you need me to do while you heal up." I said to him softly.

Nick sweetly smiles at me. "Can you go get me some water and snacks then?" He tilts his head in an attempt to look cute.

"Fine." I stand up and ruffle his hair with my hand before leaving.

I open the door and see Chris with his back towards me with his headphones on. He's literally SCREAMING the words to Glimpse of Us, by Joji.

"BUT SOMETIMES, I LOOK IN HER EYES, AND THAT'S WHERE I FIND, A GLIIIIMPSE OF UUUUS!" Chris sings before climbing onto the counter, still having his back towards me.

It confused me as to why he was singing this song so intensely, though. He was talking to another girl, one of our friends, Mariah.

Maybe he just liked the song.

Chris' hands fly to his mouth as soon as he open his eyes and sees me staring and laughing at him.

"You little stalker." Chris says, taking his headphones off, speaking in the voice I hate. It was like a gremlin talking whenever he did that.

"Our Majesty, Nicholas, is requesting some snacks." I say, teasing Nick.

Chris laughs. "Alright, what does he want?"

"Oh I got it," I assure him. "I already told Nick I'd handle all of his needs."

Chris looks confused. "What? Why? We all fucked up, you don't have to do it by yourself."

I look down and play with my hair. "I don't know, I just wanna make myself useful. I don't wanna be a burden after everything you guys have done for me," I say, still looking down.

My nose is suddenly stuffed with a strong, but enjoyable cologne.

Chris wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me. "You are never a burden here. You know how much we love you."

I wrap my arms around his back, and dig my head into his chest, hugging him tighter. Chris was always the one I went to for reassurance.

I lift my head off his chest, staring up at Chris. He stares back down at me. He glances down at my lips, and back up to me.

Fuck.

Why do I want to kiss you right now?

Our staring contest is cut short from a high pitched Nick yelling, "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY SNACKS?"

Chris and I laugh and break away from our embrace. As soon as he let go, I immediately wanted him to hug me again, but of course, Nick wanted his stupid snacks.

Chris and I arrange him a cute little platter of snacks and water, and bring it to him, just hanging out in his room. I texted Matt to join us, and he eventually did.

Despite all the babbling Nick was doing, all I could think about was my moment with Chris. It was way more than a hug. At least I thought so.

Chris went to bed early and ended up falling asleep while me and Matt stayed up in Nick's room while he slept, talking about whatever it was we were talking about

"Jay, I'm telling you right now, you're dead fucking wrong." Matt quietly says to me, trying not to wake up Nick.

"Matt, you're not gonna look me in the eye and say that shit to my face." I snap back, also quietly. "You're gonna sit there and tell me that you'd pick orange juice over apple juice?"

"Yeah I am." Matt laughs at how serious I am.

What? I love apple juice.

"Ok, fine." I cross my arms in protest. I could never win against Matt.

Matt laughs at me again and tries to hug me. No matter how dumb the fight was, we always end it with a hug. I wasn't gonna take it this easily, though. While he hugged me, I hit the back of his neck. "Neck!" I exclaim, as I quickly get up and run out the room away from him.

Matt never gives me the last laugh, so I was expecting something in return.

Matt quietly chased after me, closing Nick's door behind us.

I had the lead on Matt for a little bit, but he ended up catching up to me and tackling me into his room, onto his bed. His arms were gripped around my stomach as he lay beside me with his head in the middle of my back.

"OKAY! OKAY! YOU WIN!" I weakly say through my laugh, trying to catch my breath.

"HA!" Matt exclaims in triumph. He loosens his grip, and tightens it again. "And there's your fight-hug."

I turn around to face Matt, and he scooches up to get to my level. I lived for these moments. Just being with the boys, no matter what was happening around us. I always felt safe with them, especially Matt.

"Movie night?" I ask him as a truce.

"Grown-Ups?" He responds.

"Let's go." I say, already getting under the covers with Matt following.

Matt and I were the only people in the house that really enjoyed Adam Sandler movies. Nick said they're annoying and Chris said they're just not funny. Matt opened his laptop as I lay beside him, placing my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair just like he always did.

We were halfway into the movie when I started to fall asleep. I had no energy to go to my bed at the moment, so I just expected Matt to wake me up when the movie was done and make me go back to my room. I closed my eyes just for a second and instantly dozed off.

 I closed my eyes just for a second and instantly dozed off

I woke up to a very bright light shining against the door. My room didn't have any windows near the bed, so I was shocked to open my eyes and see myself laying in Matt's bed. What shocked me even more was Matt, holding me even tighter in his sleep than he was last night during the movie.

Matt and Jay:

• JUICY JUICY JUICY

JUICY JUICY JUICY

• so who are we rooting for here??

• i hope you guys liked this pls give me any suggestions

with my heart, day<3