chapter 6: mcdonald's and lies

It'd been a few days since the night Chris and I kissed. We never talked about it, except at night, when Chris would come to my room and redo what'd he'd been doing for the past nights; knocking on my door, coming in, and kissing me like he'd never kissed me before.

It felt wrong at first. My whole life, I thought Matt was the one I wanted to be with. But the more time I spent with Chris, and the more we had to hide ourselves from the rest, it was too fun not to continue.

 But the more time I spent with Chris, and the more we had to hide ourselves from the rest, it was too fun not to continue

I hear the knocks at my door, this time a little earlier than usual, and a little harder than usual. That wasn't Chris.

"Come in!" I said, in response to the knocks.

The door swings open before my sentence can even finish. It's Matt.

Matt was ignoring me ever since the whole thing with the weed and the Instagram profile.

"I really need to talk to you."

We were both not confrontational at all, so when something like this happened, it had to be serious.

I sit up from my bed as he shuts the door behind him. He comes towards me and sits right in front of me.

That's Chris' spot.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He fixes his har and adjusts his sleeves, doing anything he could to stall the conversation.

I calm him down by placing my hand on his. Just because we weren't talking anymore doesn't mean I didn't care about him.

"Tell me." I say to him.

He takes a deep breath. "I...I'm so sorry about everything that happened a few nights ago."

Huh. I was expecting something else. I don't know what I was expecting, but, that's it?

"I just—you know that—look I don't care what you do." He says to me, frantically.

"Oh. Uh, okay."

Did he just come here to say he didn't care about me?

"Ok, no that sounded bad let me restart." I could hear his heart beat out of his chest.

"I don't care what you do, as long as you don't get hurt. I don't want you to go through the same shit your parents did. Your parents were the most amazing people before they got into that stuff, and you," he pauses. "You are so perfect in so many ways. I don't wanna lose you like you lost them."

His words sounded so sincere and his eyes looked huge again. That's how I know he meant it.

Without saying anything back to him, I gave him a hug and told him that I understood.

Matt pulled away and held his pinky up. "Promise me, you'll stay away from that stuff."

"You're so lame." I teased.