chapter 4: jackets and weed

TW! Mention of drugs.

I felt so safe with Matt, and waking up next to him was just the cherry on top. 7th grade me, who had a crush on Matt, would be losing her mind right now.

I didn't move when I woke up. I just wanted to lay there with him.

He woke up not long after me, though. He looked at me with the same confusion I felt when I saw him. Looking at his eyes, though, I could tell he didn't mind it. I guess we both fell asleep without even acknowledging one another.

"A very good morning to me then." Matt jokes. He sits up before switching his position, putting his head on my chest this time. I laugh as I watch him go back to sleep. I forgot how much Matt wasn't a morning person.

A few minutes go by and I pick up my phone while Matt lays on me. As I was still half awake, I saw a notification from Instagram that someone had followed me, but before I was able to observe their account any further, Chris swings the door open.

"There you are," he whispers. "Why the fuck are you in Matt's bed?" He sounded slightly angry.

"We just fell asleep," I answered. I slowly pulled Matt off of me and placed his head on a pillow. I grab my phone and walk towards Chris into the hallway, shutting the door on my way out.

"Oh ok," his voice softens. I wasn't sure if he was waiting for me to respond, but he stayed really quiet before adding on. "Well my mom said that her and my dad are gonna be gone for the night. Do you wanna..." He digs in his pocket before pulling out a preroll.

It kinda sounds hypocritical of me, but even though I hated drinking, smoking with Chris was the only way I'd ever get voluntarily intoxicated.

"Oh my God where'd you get that?" I asked, but in a more excited way.

"My buddy gave it to me a while back. I was just waiting for the right time to use it. So?"

"Patio at 9!" I said.

He smiled at me before leaving to go upstairs as I got ready for the day.

I sat down at the kitchen at around 8:30, waiting for their parents to come downstairs so I could say goodbye to them

I sat down at the kitchen at around 8:30, waiting for their parents to come downstairs so I could say goodbye to them. Before they left, their mom called me over to her side of the car.

"I love you, okay?" She said, brushing my hair out my face.

She'd said that before plenty of times, but it always meant so much to me when she did. "I love you more," I said, kissing her cheek before I made my way to their dad and told him the same. They drove away as I walked back to the house, and I spotted Chris already sitting on the patio. He was wearing my favorite outfit of his. I don't know what it was, but he wore it so well.

Chris' Outfit: