chapter 5: pregnant and waiting

"Fuck. I thought you guys already left," Chris said.

"Chris. Say you're fucking joking right now." Matt asks getting closer to him.

"Matt it's weed. It goes away in like 2 hours. She's fine." Chris replies. Despite how much we smoked, he spoke like the most sober person in the world.

Matt immediately snaps. "Yeah except it's not fucking fine dude. You know substance abuse runs in her family. This isn't something to take lightly, Chris." He sounds like a dad with his voice.

"We haven't smoked in like weeks. I told you she's fine." Chris rolls his eyes and turns his back to Matt, about to go inside.

Matt grabs his arm and turns him around. "We're not done with the conversation, Chris." They begin to go back and forth with each other while Nick and I stay out of the conversation. Maybe it was because I was high, but I didn't have the energy to chime in. I never win my arguments with Matt, anyways.

I tried to act like I was busy by going on my phone, trying to avoid this conversation at all costs.

Seeing the guys mad at each other over me made me feel awful. But as soon as I reread the notification I looked at but missed this morning, their argument seemed extremely trivial.

blake.and.rena.luv.alc_ started following you.

My head grew dizzy, even dizzier than it was before.

Blake's my dad and Rena's my mom. I was so confused, until I looked at the profile. I hesitantly clicked it before seeing the most awful posts I've ever seen.

People were photoshopping my parent's mugshots from when they got caught buying drugs into different scenarios.

There was one with my mom's face on the body of a woman carrying a baby. My face was on the baby and there were bottles of alcohol surrounding her.

The caption read, "Maybe if I didn't drink during my pregnancy, my baby wouldn't have been the dumbest bitch alive!"

There was so much more where that came from.

I could feel the hot tears rolling down my face. Nick immediately saw how upset I was and came over to me. He assumed it was because of the fighting, but when he looked at my phone, he covered his mouth with his hand and hugged me.

"Guys. Guys! GUYS!" Nick yelled at them.

Once they saw I was crying, they immediately ran to me to see what had happened, dropping the argument in an instant.

Upon seeing what was posted, Chris balls his fists and anger. "I'm gonna fucking kill someone."

"Jay, I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry."

They all hugged me as I saw my alcoholic parents being broadcasted to everyone I knew.