⚘ 22

Something was different

Something was different. He couldn't exactly pinpoint it, but there was something off. Wasabi wasn't sure if it was a bad different or good, but he wasn't going to just sit around and find out. Okay maybe he was, but at least he gave it some thought.

His large eyes remained trained on Eilir. Not even blinking, he just sat focused. He knew he wasn't doing the best job as a guardian, but hey he was a frog. What do you expect? Besides he had orders from Nezu to slowly lay off Eilir, something about allowing the kid to grow more as a person or something. Whatever that meant.

That doesn't mean that the frog didn't worry about his moth companion. It honestly felt weird not being Eilir's voice of reason. Just a few months ago the kid didn't even know what a window was! But now he lives in a room covered in them eating fancy fruit cut into stars out of a specific green bowl. It just didn't feel natural to him.

Shrugging his non-existent shoulders, Wasabi let out a croak before shutting his eyes for a much-needed nap.

--------------------

In the midst of all the current events going on, 1-A seemed to forget a small detail. And that one thing ends up changing the entire hero world as we know it.

"Where to now?" Kota asks, his arm swung back in forth with Eilir's hand in his. After deemed trust worthy, the two were allowed to freely roam the campus. If they were to wander off, a tracker placed on Eilir's shirt would go off. Gotta love having a student who can make you shit; it really helps them cut back on bills.

Eilir shrugged. His eyes remained glued to his feet. Ever since this morning he's been like this, unresponsive. Well more than usual. Kota found it slightly unsettling but then again, he was a kid, he didn't really pay much mind to it.

A moment of silence goes by until Eilir whispers something under his breath. "Mom..."

"Huh what was that?"

"Mom. Go see. Mhm." Giving a strong nod, Eilir set off towards the main building. Kota didn't even have time to question it before Eilir just dragged him in tow.

"Uhhh, okay?"

--------------------

"Hey where is Eilir?"

"Somewhere in the building."

"Okay, lol."

--------------------

Kota's eyes followed fascinated as Eilir directed his way around the underground maze. The moth didn't even have a map, yet he didn't even hesitate to go down random halls! Every once and awhile Kota could see his antenna's twitch briefly before Eilir would pull him down yet another hall.