⚘ 21

"Bird

"Bird."

"...what..?" Kota responded confused. They sky has gotten noticably darker, during their small flight the concept of time completely went out of the window. Literally. The entire flight was mostly silent aside for Kota's random giggles and commentary.

One thing was for sure though, Kota was genuinely happy right now. After what seemed like a century, he has finally managed to feel that fuzzy feeling again.

But for Eilir, things weren't as simple. He could sense Kota was not sad, even without seeing his face he could pick up on his emotions. But for some reason his mind was confused. Why did the corners of his face seem to ache? What was this weird sensation fluttering in his chest? And why did he not feel scared by it?

He spent his entire life living based off pure instinct. It was hard to tell but anxiety and caution dictated his entire being. But lately after moving into UA he hasn't had to worry about that.

There is no more fretting over not having a warm place to sleep or worrying about if the rain will damage his wings. Food is no longer a concept of anxiety for him. While he does eat a lot and tend to hoard it, its mostly because the small non-human part of him is still worried that it may not be there later.

Oh, that's what this is.

Joy.

The ache in his face is from his smile that he didn't even know he could make.

The fluttering in his chest? From the feeling of excitment he hasn't known before.

Without even realizing it, he has slowly grown more secure in his new enviroment as he adapted. Maybe Nezu had a reason for not taking him in. Nezu knew he could not offer Eilir the one thing he needed most, people who love him.

As Eilir slowly tied thoughts together he completely forgot about the bird he mentioned seconds before. And before the two children knew it, two arms were wrapped around them.

--------------------

"Why in the world would you think its a good idea to go flying outside by yourself?!" Aizawa exclaimed while rubbing his temples. He could practically feel his blood sugar spike from everything that has been going on.

Kota and Eilir stood hand to hand with their heads hung low. A look of shame was plastered on Kota's face, on the way back to UA Tokoyami scolded the two boys about their behavior. And in doing so Kota learned about how Eilir was recently kidnapped. The guilt of knowing that something bad could have happened to his crush due to his lack of maturity finally began to weigh down on him.