chapter 4: jackets and weed

Start from the beginning

Your outfit:

I sit down beside Chris, getting my lighter out

"Is that Nick's?" He asked, making a notion at the jacket.

"No, it's Matt's. I stole it a while ago and haven't given it back." I said, mischievously.

"Right." He flatly says.

God. There's that stupid tone again. He always sounded upset whenever I brought Matt up.

Maybe there was something going on between them.

He handed me the prerolled joint and let me hit it first. "What a gentleman," I tease, before inhaling the smoke and breathing it out.

"Someone's gotta do it right?" Chris said, losing the tone from before.

A few minutes go by and we both decide we've had enough. As we enjoy the light feeling of the high, Matt and Nick come outside.

"We're getting McDonalds. You wanna come?" Matt asked.

 You wanna come?" Matt asked

Matt hated when I smoked.

One day, Chris and I had smoked a lot, and my dumbass mistook Matt's room for mine. I swung the door open to retrieve my charger, but instead I saw Matt laying in bed. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation, even though it wasn't all that funny.

I thought Matt would laugh with me, but instead, he was concerned. He could tell I was high from the way my eyes were barely open and my dry giggles.

He knew about my alcoholic parents and he wanted to make sure I never went down that path. To me, smoking was no big deal, but Matt wasn't having it.

After he picked me up off the floor from my laughing fit and took me to the bathroom, he shut the door behind him. He picked me up by my waist and sat me on the counter.

"Jay, you can't be doing things like this."

"It's just weed, Matt. No one's ever died from weed," I say, seriously now, as my eyes burn from being so dry.

"Right, but that's not the point and you know it," he said with a stern voice. "Remember how your parents started?"

His words hit me like a truck.

I hated him for bringing up my parents, but I hated him even more for being right. My parents probably spent more money on drugs and alcohol than they did baby clothes. At first it was weed, but then it led to the occasional beer or glass of wine, then it led to taking 7 shots of tequila by the time it was 12:00am.

Matt could see the hurt on my face. "I'm sorry for bringing it up. I wouldn't have said that if I didn't care about you."

I understood where he was coming from.

"Just promise me, no more weed, ok?" His eyes were huge when he said that.

I just nodded my head and hugged him.

Except I never stopped. Chris and I just smoked in secret.

"You wanna come?" Matt asked

"You wanna come?" Matt asked. His question quickly became irrelevant as soon as he smelled the scent of marijuana.

He looked at me and saw my red, glossy eyes. He looked so disappointed. His eyes shifted to Chris, though, and his disappointment changed to anger as soon as he saw the joint sticking out of Chris' pocket.

"You gave her weed, Chris?" Matt asks with a shaky, upset voice.

AHHH DRAMA

• i don't condone weed! unless u want to and ur of age and you do it safely, legally and responsibly!

•hehehehehe i'm excited to continue the story

with my heart, day<3