Ch 35: America Chavez

Începe de la început

"Something had to of triggered her to do this" I said.

"If you could, if you had the chance, would you bring Clark and Wanda back?" She asked.

"I spent a lot of time hating my mother, a lot of time hating myself for my fathers death" I said. "Even if I could, it would mean my entire life had no meaning to it, that their deaths meant nothing if I'm able to bring them back. I couldn't do it."

She smiled as her eyes sparkled.

"If she takes America's powers, the entire fate of the multiverse is at risk" she said.

"Wait, I'm the key to the multiverse" I said. "I've been told that."

"You talked to him?" She asked.

She hadn't said a name but I knew exactly who she was talking about. I nodded as she dropped the book in her hand.

"Chthon was your destiny but the multiverse will always need your protection" she said.

"Where are Billy and Tommy?" I asked.

"They're on a mission. They don't know about this" she said. "Not yet."

"I can't do this without them" I said.

I grabbed my head as someone began yelling inside it. I saw a young girl with tan skin, dark brown hair and big brown eyes that were filled with fear. I watched as her eyes began to glow a light blue, in an instance a star portal appeared behind her. Clea jumped just as the young girl appeared in front of us.

She lay flat on the ground, slowly standing up as she looked around. Her stare stopped at myself then went to Clea. Her eyes frantically searched for an exit as I held my arm up to stop her from running.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I said.

"Yeah, okay" she scoffed.

I let go of her body as her shoulders relaxed.

"I presume you are America?" I asked.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I'm a Nexus Being, just like you" I said.

"You look like her" she said.

"Like who?" I asked.

"Wanda" she said. "You're working with her!"

I could feel the fear radiating off her body.

"No" I said.

"Are you another Wanda Maximoff?" She asked.

I looked at Clea who shrugged her shoulders.

"No" I said. "But I am a Maximoff, I guess technically a Grayson now but that's besides the point."

"How can we earn your trust?" Clea finally spoke.

My eyes softened realizing America was truly only a child. She rubbed her arms as I walked closer to her.

"Why is she trying to take your powers?" I asked.

"I-I think she's trying to get her sons back" she said.

"So, you must not exist in that reality if she is only looking for Billy and Tommy" Clea said.

"She's your mom?" America asked.

"She was" I said, forcing a smile. "She died on the battlefield. Where are your parents?"

"I killed them" she nearly whispered.

I tilted my head, looking inside her mind. I saw a memory of her as a child, in a world that was not Earth. I saw two women smiling at her, with their hands intertwined. A bee appeared, scaring her as a portal was created sucking them in.

"You can't be so sure they're dead" I said.

I put my hand to her cheek as she leaned into it. My heart shattered into a million seeing this child without parents, living alone with no one. Her eyes fluttered open as I smiled.

"I'll protect you" I whispered.

She looked as if she was about to cry as her head slowly nodded.

"Clea, get Tommy and Billy here" I said.

Clea walked out of the library as I engulfed America into a hug.

"Everybody I trust, betrays me" she said.

I set my head atop of hers.

"I promise to protect you" I said. "I guess I like to take in strays."

She chuckled as the noise of Tommy running in scared her. Blue starred portals erupted behind her as her eyes were glowing. We were all pulled into the portals. I held onto her body as tight as I could as we passed through what had to of been at least five different realities until we landed on the ground of one.

I groaned standing up as Billy was throwing up over the side of the building. I looked around, instantly recognizing the place though there was small changes. My heart began to ache at the sight of a mural painted with red and blue paint along the walls of buildings all over.

"Where the hell are we?" Tommy asked.

"Metropolis" I sighed.

"You know this place?" America asked.

"It's where my father lived" I said.

I glanced at Tommy as he frowned.