Ch 28: Jason's Alive

My body felt like it was being torn apart, piece by piece as visions flashed. The visions were fast, quickly changing the scenery with each one. It would go from black to a vision and back to black, over and over again.

"Make it stop!" I cried.

The visions stopped as a man appeared.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"There's a witch trying to summon him" he said.

"Who are you!" I yelled.

"Years before your mother was born, Natalya Maximoff fought him. She along with a coven of witches narrowly defeated him" he said.

I glanced around my surroundings before looking down at my body. My suit was torn all over, blood covering the spots. I looked back up as the man stood feet away from me staring through my body.

"Who are you?" I asked once again.

"My dear, I am the One Above All" he said "I have the power beyond ones belief, the power to rise the dead."

"I don't want anybody raised from the dead" I said.

He smiled holding his hand out as a small hologram appeared.

"Given the chance, the power, you would not bring back your father?" He asked.

I watched the hologram of my father chasing after me in the backyard of his parents home.

"How did you get that?" I asked.

He closed his hand as I jumped back.

"Tales have been told of an extraordinary being saving the universe, you are far more important to the multiverse than you realize" he said. "The issue being will you make the right choice?"

I looked at him confused.

"The world may not make you choose but the universe will" he said waving his hand to change the scenery.

I looked into the sky as something felt off. I walked crushing rocks beneath my feet as I neared the edge of the cliff. I looked over it seeing blood marks on the ground hundreds of feet down.

"Is a hero even a hero if there are no sacrifices?" He asked. "Are you ready to sacrifice those you love for the fate of the universe?"

I turned around seeing my breath in the cold air.

"Why must there be sacrifices?" I asked.

"It comes with a price" he said. "Heroes sacrifice those closest to them everyday. Are you ready to do that?"

"No" I said. "It doesn't always need to be that way."

"'My child, it is your destiny to keep intact the multiverse as we know it. If you don't billions of people from the other universes will die, not just this one" he said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Your grandmother fought to keep Chthon imprisoned. You come from a bloodline of powerful witches" he said. "You are a tribrid of sorts. Your mother was the daughter of one of the most powerful witches to exist, her father being the one they call Magneto."

I stood there not saying a word, absorbing every single word he said.

"I felt it, when your mother gave you the Chaos Magic" he said. "If it were any other mutant or witch, it would have killed them. It has always been your destiny to kill him once and for all."