Ch 32: He Returns

I turned around as the portal closed. I tapped my head as my suit appeared on my body. I could feel his presence near as I began to walk towards the woods. I was knocked down by an unknown source as I looked around.

"Get out of here!" I yelled seeing Tommy.

"We can't let you fight him alone" Billy said walking up.

"You helped us with Mephisto" Tommy said. "So we're here to help you with Chthon."

"I mean this in the nicest way possible" I said. "Get the fuck out of here. I'm not going to be the reason you two get killed."

"We don't want to see you die" he said. "We lost mom, we don't want to lose you too."

I looked at the two boys before nodding. They followed closely behind as he walked through the woods in silence.

"If I die" I started. "The first thing I want the both of you to do is visit Clea."

"Why?" Tommy asked.

"You're not going to die" Billy said.

"She's protecting someone I want you to meet" I said.

I looked up at a cliff showing someone looking down. I took a deep breath before twisting my hand. I threw a psionic ball to the cliff as pieces of rock began falling down.

Through the rubble of the rocks a sort of man appeared. I twisted both my hands as he smiled.

"You brought guests?" He asked clasping his hands. "You take any thought into my offer?"

"I will not rule by your side" I said. "They're innocent people who don't deserve to die."

"Are you prepared to die?" He smiled.

"If it means you die with me" I said.

I threw a psionic ball to him as he dodged it.

"I'm not going to be that easy, darling" he said.

He held his hand up as vines grew around Billy's body. Tommy sped towards him as Billy struggled to breath. I turned my head creating psionic swords walking towards him.

"This ends now!" I yelled.

I ran towards him attempting to slice one his legs as he grabbed my neck. He lifted me off the ground as his finger slid down my cheek.

"Your own grandmother barely defeated me with a coven of witches" he hissed. "What makes you think you can do it alone?"

"She's not alone" someone said from behind.

He threw my body as I looked up. I smiled seeing Clea in her old suit with a young girl on her left and woman my mothers age in a green suit. Clea created purple discs sending them to Chthon.

"Dormammu's niece?" He asked.

I stood up as the young girls eyes began to glow a light blue.

"Illyana" I smiled.

She disappeared jumping into one of her portals before appearing behind Chthon cutting the back of his legs. I levitated rocks aiming them to him as he fell to the ground smiling. I hovered my hands over each other as a green energy ball formed. I threw it to his body as he flew to the nearest tree. I stomped my left foot to the ground as it began cracking underneath him.

"You can't defeat me" he cackled.

I looked down at my hands as they began glowing a dark green.

"The one destined to save the universe" he said. "You don't even know how to use it."

I felt the energy throughout my body turning to Billy and Tommy.

"I love you two" I said.

I looked to Clea as she nodded. I screamed out in pain as a green light left my body going to Chthon's. I watched as he crawled begging for his life. His face began falling apart while his body disappeared. The light went back into my body as I fell to the ground.

I looked down at my body as my suit was now gone and I was in a black dress. I looked back up as my mother walked towards me. She smiled grabbing my face.

"You've done it" she whispered. "He's gone."

"Am I dead?" I asked.

"That is completely up to you" she said.

She walked away as two figures walked closer.

"Dad" I said.

"You don't belong here" he said.

"They need you more than we do" Garth said.

I felt tears fall down my face as Garth smiled.

"I miss you" I said. "I miss you both."

"I didn't raise you to back away from a fight" my father said. "No matter who you choose to be, the world needs you."

"You just fulfilled your destiny but that doesn't mean you should give it all up" Garth said. "There are little girls with powers who look up to you, who want to be just like you. You may not believe that's true but there are millions of girls who see you as their hero. Please don't give up."

"Why isn't Donna here?" I asked.

Garth looked at my father before speaking.

"You'll find out" he said. "Now go, Liv."

I felt my body being picked up as I went in and out of consciousness.