Season Three Episode Three

As soon as the ship landed, Taika leapt out of his seat and sprinted out of the station

He didn't know how long it would be before his family noticed his absence and started looking for him.

After he was a decent distance away from the station, he ducked behind a building and pulled his bag off his shoulder. He scrambled into his buir's armor. Taika pulled on the chest plate first, and carefully lowered the helmet over his face last.

It took his eyes a few seconds to adjust to the visor. Different displays popped up in front of his eyes, and he realized if you blinked a certain number of times or shifted your eyes a certain way, different things would happen. Soft music played, but with a couple of blinks he was able to turn it off.

The sun was just beginning to rise on this planet, and people were just beginning to wake up. A few marketsellers opened up their stands and began to prepare for the day.

Taika found himself in a bar in a matter of a few minutes. In school the previous week, he had spent a study session looking up popular bounty hunter locations. He should be able to find a job soon.

It was a little bit easier said than done.

As soon as he stepped foot into the bar, Taika found himself overwhelmed by the sights and smells.

Strobe lights flashing different colors swept over the room, and music screamed at him through different speakers situated around the room. With a couple more blinks, he was able to filter out some of the noise. That didn't stop the smell, though.

The holoshows never showed bars smelling like a burning dumpster. Taika felt betrayed.

He hadn't figured out how to filter out smells just yet, though he was sure it had to be an option. Not sure what else to do, Taika stepped further into the bar. It was really crowded, and Taika didn't like being next to this many people, and it didn't help that he was shorter than all of them.

Taika waded through the crowd, trying to figure out how to get a job.

Surely bounty hunters didn't regularly wander around bars until they bumped into someone with a job. There had to be a better way.

The person in front of Taika stepped back, laughing at something someone else had said. Taika stepped backwards to avoid being stepped on, but in the process smacked into someone else.

Looking back, he saw it was a Pantoran man. He looked way older than Taika, but then again, everyone did.

"You want a drink, kid?" the adult asked, towering over him.

"No, thank you," he replied politely. His buir had always told him not to accept any drinks.

The crowd started cheering as a new song came on. Taika wiggled his way out of the crowd, thankful for his metal armor.