Season Two Episode Ten

"Go left!" Drifter yelled, yanking his control in that direction

"You idiot!" his moronic jerk of a copilot replied, steering the ship to the right. "The concentration of missiles is higher there!"

"The 'concentration' is high everywhere! We are in a warzone!"

The ship wobbled in the air. Crunch was sitting in the pilot seat below Drifter's and he watched his copilot's helmet wobble.

A missile streaked past. It exploded next to the ship, and sent it rocking.

"Watch. Out." Crunch sped the ship up.

"Uh huh," Drifter responded dully , "Like I totally could have stopped that missile from firing at us."

"You're not helping," Crunch complained. He pressed a button and fired at an incoming missile. It exploded, far away from any ship.

"Our job is to protect the gun ships!" Crunch yelled. "We aren't doing that by dodging the missiles!"

"It seems to me your job is just being annoying," Drifter grumbled. He missed Ghost. He and his brother had always seemed to understand what the other wanted to do without needing to discuss it.

Drifter pushed forward the controls of the ships, shaking those thoughts out of his head. They sped up even more, and Drifter pulled them alongside a gunship.

He saw an incoming missile and yanked the ship down.

"What did I just say?" Crunch hollered.

"You're insufferable!" Drifter stuck his leg over his console and kicked the back of Crunch's head.

Crunch yelled and tried to swat at Drifter.

"Do you think you can hit me from there?" he mocked.

Crunch's retort was cut short as something very bright shot towards them.

Drifter screamed as he saw it was a missile.

He tried to yank down to dodge it, but the back of their ship was hit.

Crunch joined in on the screaming as they spun out of control.

Drifter caught glimpses of the ground. It looked like it was getting closer.

"Eject!" Crunch yelled, and a second later the top of the ship flew away and his seat popped out.

Drifter fumbled for his eject button. He shot up, and then plummeted through the air, thankful for his helmet.

A moment later, his parachute ballooned out of the back of his chair and he floated down gently.

He saw Crunch's parachute descend into the trees.

Well... at least Crunch made it out okay.

Drifter couldn't hear the sounds of the battle over the wind rushing past him. But when he looked up, he saw the gun ships were still under siege.