Season Two Episode Twenty

"Nobody move," Joker ordered

Moatia didn't relax as Joker stepped closer to the body. He leaned in, taking extra care to not touch Lephe.

"Where's the medic?" he asked.

Moatia allowed Cem-Kovi to step away from the wall just a little, but she kept a firm grasp on his wrist. The last thing she was going to do was let him go anywhere without her.

"I'll call him," she said.

Kida nearly wept when she finally saw Cem-Kovi.

"Senator!" she cried, taking a step towards him.

"No," Joker said sharply. "Don't move."

With everyone watching, Moatia lifted her comm and said, "Uhh... Lyss? Could you come in here for a sec?"

But when Lyss walked into the room a few moments later, everyone jumped.

He stopped in the doorway, staring at the dead body.

"Huh," was all he said.

"Examine the body," Joker told him.

"Sir yessir," Lyss said slowly. He edged his way around Aripi, who was still frozen in the doorway, folders clutched in his hands.

Lyss examined the knife first. Moatia could see from her spot against the wall that it had a black hilt, and she guessed it was a short dagger.

Lyss called in a droid to take pictures of the scene, namely the knife in Lephe's back. Once the droid was done, he carefully removed the knife.

It came out red and shiny. But something other than the blood caught Lyss's interest.

"Commander," he called. "Come over here."

Moatia hesitantly left Cem-Kovi next to Zipper and walked over.

The little droid next to Moatia popped up. "The blood covers the color of the substance, but forensic analysis states it is nail polish."

Lyss showed her the knife, with tiny chunks of something in it. "Obviously, she didn't have nail polish in her bloodstream so it came from the person who used the knife," he whispered.

"Well that rules out the Coruscant guards. Their gloves would stop the polish from reaching the knife." Moatia studied the knife. "I think we should just ask them to show us their nails."

"That would be efficient," Lyss said.

Moatia called Joker over for another opinion.

"There's nail polish in the blood," Lyss said.

"Should I ask them to show me their nails?" Moatia stared at him, wondering what to do.

"Sure," Joker said with a shrug. He looked at Moatia. "You're in charge. I trust you."