~ Iwaizumi Hajime- the train ~

A: I literally love him. Anyway, please enjoy.

warnings: none

Word count:1,700

timeskip!Iwaizumi Hajime x fem! reader

Please Enjoy

——————————————————————

The metro was busy. It was 4:00 after all in the bigger than life Japan. You had just gotten off from your office job and just couldn't wait to go home and get ready for bed. This week had been a brutal work week. Today was the only day you were let out on normal time. From Monday until yesterday you were stuck at your desk typing away until 10:00. Good thing you were at least paid overtime.

You were standing waiting for your train back to your apartment. You were fiddling with the keys on your purse thinking about how good a shower and ramen sound right now. Almost drooling over the slight mention of food. You heard over the intercom your train route.

" (Train route) has been delayed due to unknown reasons at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience. The people around you groaned and mumbles curses under their breathe. You sigh, no longer think about the comfort of your apartment, but more about if you should walk the 30 minutes or wait possibly an hour for the train.

You sat on a nearby bench weighing out your options knowing good and well neither were ideal. But soon you decide to walk home. As you stand from the bench to walk back out of the train station you see a familiar head.

No, it can't be. There's no way he's here. It's so far from Kanagawa. He is always traveling though. The more you think about it. The more you think that could be him. The second the familiar head turns to the side, showing off the side profile you know it's him.

As if the trainer felt your eyes on the back of his head, he turned to face you. A look of surprised covered his face as he saw you. You waved trying to maybe start a conversation. He waves back walking your way.

" Hey, it's been a bit " Iwaizumi called. You nodded. You hadn't seen Iwaizumi in person since the high school graduation. You and Oikawa were always talking about a region, but you were always so busy that you never got a day together. You always saw Oikawa on billboards around Tokyo talking about him being the best setter, but you never really saw much of Iwaizumi on billboards and such. You knew he was successful trainer but that's about it.

" It has, how have you been?" you ask him really curious. " You know following volleyball teams every like a lost puppy" he chuckles, you forgot how warm and genuine his smile was. Oh, and you forgot one part. You and Iwaizumi both had feeling for each other before you graduated. He never told you and you never told him thinking it was useless, you were leaving soon off to Tokyo and Iwaizumi had big things ahead of him. So, you both didn't say anything.

But now all those feelings were starting to come back, which probably wasn't the best thing for the sake of the conversation.

" Oh wow, I hear you really good at it though" you comment. "I guess good is a word to describe it, it's really stressful that's about all I know. So enough about me how have you been?" He states. " I've been busy to say the least since I'm the only person at my office really without a family my boss loves to work me to death" You replied. A smile spread across your face finally happy to be talking to Iwaizumi. " We should hang out some time, if you're not busy." Iwaizumi offers. You nod.

" I'm off tomorrow if you're not really busy or anything" you say. He rests a hand on his neck.
" Yeah, I can do tomorrow, where and what time do you want to meet up?" Iwaizumi asks.