𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

THEO was right. The next morning, when Cassius woke up, his head felt like it was going to explode. He groaned in pain, a hand on his head. "Get up. We're going to breakfast." Blaise said, slapping Cassius' shoulder.

Cassius glared at the boy. "Don't you have a hangover?"

"I'm used to it. Get up, Cassius. Draco and Theo are waiting for us."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

When Cassius reached the great hall with Blaise, he sat down in front of his cousin, putting his head on the table immediately.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Hangover?"

"Fuck off." Cassius muttered, closing his eyes.

"Want my special hangover juice?" Blaise grinned, pouring some juice in a cup and a potion in it. "Here. Drink it."

Cassius looked up, frowning. "What potion?"

"A hangover potion."

"Why wouldn't you just drink the potion instead? What's the point of the juice?" Theo, who was next to Draco, asked in confusion.

"It tastes disgusting." Blaise answered, drinking his own hangover juice. "Drink yours, Cassius. I promise it's not poison."

"Wish it was," whispered Cassius, making Blaise choke on his drink. He put the glass to his lips and drank a few sips, then put it back down.

Cassius looked at the Gryffindor table, feeling someone's eyes on him. He made eye contact with Harry and could've sworn a look of concern passed through the boy's face.

"Do I look bad?" asked Cassius, looking away from him.

"You look like shit." Draco confirmed with a nod, biting into an apple.

Theo looked at Cassius in sympathy. "You don't, Cassius. Your eyes are.. red, though." His eyes widened. "Have you been crying?"

"Have I?" Cassius asked back, frowning as he tried to recall last night, but nothing came to mind. "No, of course not."

"You still have bags under your eyes." Draco said, pushing a plate of breakfast in Cassius' direction. "Have some breakfast. You look like you need it."

"Quit talking about my appearance." His cousin frowned further, but accepted the breakfast and started eating.

Blaise's lips quirked. "It's a good thing it's Saturday. Merlin knows what would've happened if we experienced this hangover on a weekday."

"You don't look hungover at all, Blaise." Cassius pointed out, biting into a piece of bacon.

"We should go to hogsmeade." Draco said in thought. "I'm craving butterbeer."

"The sun is hurting my eyes," squinted Blaise, trying to shield his eyes from the 'sun'— which was definitely not in the great hall.

"That's just the lights." Theo shook his head.

"So.. butterbeer?" Draco stood up, looking at Theo since it was obvious the other two were not coming.

"Sure." Theo nodded and stood up, walking away with Draco.

"Lucky motherfuckers," mumbled Blaise, too hungover to join them.

"Your juice isn't working, Blaise."

"That's because you've only had a few sips. Drink the rest, dumbass."

Cassius did as Blaise said, then grimaced. "It's still disgusting with the juice."

"Do you know what helps a hangover?" Blaise questioned suddenly, his eyes lighting up.

Cassius looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

"More alcohol!" Blaise exclaimed.

"That's called being an alcoholic."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

A few hours later, Cassius was sitting by the Black lake, his legs dangling at the edge.

He let out a sigh, pulling out a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it up out of habit. When he realized it, he immediately put it out and threw it away, not smoking it.

"You've quit?" asked a voice behind him, startling him.

Cassius watched as Harry hesitantly sat down next to him. "I guess so."

Harry gave him a small proud smile, then it slipped away. "Are you.. are you okay?" He asked, noticing the bags under his eyes and the fact that his eyes were red. He also noticed the fact that Cassius' regularly neat curls were now messy, and the fact that instead of wearing something proper, Cassius was wearing black sweatpants and a gray shirt.

"Do I look okay to you?" Cassius let out a small chuckle, then shook his head. "I'm fine, Harry."

Harry looked away. "What's wrong?"

Cassius glanced at him, then also looked away. But then he looked at him again, not taking his eyes off of the boy.

How could he tell him that the reason he wasn't okay was because Harry was in danger?

How could he tell him that he didn't know what would happen that summer?

Opening his mouth to try and warn him about what was going on, Cassius caught sight of Draco taking a walk with Theo. He immediately closed his mouth when Draco looked at him, swallowing thickly.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"Did you tell him anything?" Draco asked his cousin during dinner that night in a hushed voice.

Cassius shook his head. "No. Can you leave me alone now?"

"Fine."

Cassius stood up, not bothering to eat dinner, and walked out of the great hall alone.

He put his hands in his pockets and walked the way to the library, planning to study for O.W.Ls since it was only a few months away.