𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

SIX months had passed. Cassius, who was back for Yule from his seventh year, was making a cup of tea for himself, letting out a sigh of relief as soon as he tasted it.

"That's how Regulus used to make it," commented Sirius as he walked into the kitchen with a smile.

"I know," replied Cassius, smiling back. Then, his smile faded away.

Talking about his father was never easy for him. Dealing with his death wasn't easy, either.

But with time, he got used to it. He had to get used to it, even if he didn't want to.

It took a lot of time to get Cassius out of bed and do something simple, like taking a shower. But slowly by slowly, Cassius started going back to normal.

Not normal, exactly.

He was almost himself again, but with a hole in his heart. A hole that had Regulus' name on it.

His boyfriend, Harry, was helping him everyday. And Cassius couldn't thank him enough.

"The portrait is ready," said Sirius, voice breaking as his eyes teared up. "It's in his room."

Cassius put down the cup of tea and nodded, rushing out of the kitchen.

When he was in his father's room, his eyes stopped on the portrait of him.

Regulus with his grey eyes and curly black hair. Just like Cassius.

Cassius tried swallowing the lump in his throat as he closed the door and walked over to the portrait. "Dad?" He whispered, voice breaking.

The portrait of Regulus smiled. "I'm not your actual father. Try not to get attached, Cassius." He pointed out the harsh truth with a soft smile.

Cassius wiped the tears that were falling. "I miss you." He said immediately. "I miss you so much."

"I'm sorry I'm not there with you."

"It's my fault," said Cassius with a shaking voice. "It's all my fault. You saved me. You shouldn't have—"

"Nothing can change now, Cassius Regulus Black." Regulus said with a shaking head. "And be sure that I would've never regretted the decision of saving you."

"It should've been me," he repeated the thing he kept repeating six months ago when this was all new to him.

"No." Regulus said sharply. "Stop thinking that. Make me proud, Cassius. Move on and stop thinking that. I love you. I'm glad it was me."

Cassius sat down on the floor, shoulders shaking as he let out a sob. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Be sorry for not trying to move on, though. You have got to try at least."

"I'll try, since that's what you want." Cassius said through his tears, wiping it. "That's all I can give you. A try."

"That's more than enough."