𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

ON Yule morning, Harry, Sirius, Regulus, and Cassius were sitting in the living room, either tea or hot chocolate in their hands.

"What happened to Kreacher?" Regulus asked his older brother, looking at him.

"I told him to go away when I first started living here with Harry. Never saw him again afterwards." Sirius replied with a shrug. "Good riddance."

Regulus shook his head, sipping on the tea in his hands.

Harry looked at the boy sitting next to him, a look of concern passing through his face at the fact that he was staring at nothing in particular while being deep in thought.

Cassius snapped back into reality when he felt someone's eyes on him. He glanced at Harry, turning his head the other way afterwards.

"Are you alright?" Harry whispered, concern evident in his voice.

Cassius didn't look at his direction, but nodded once, not giving any other answer.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

A few hours later, Cassius was in his room smoking a cigarette when someone knocked on his bedroom door. "Come in."

The door opened and Harry walked in, closing it behind him. He crossed his arms, looking hesitant. "I just wanted to check if you're okay. You didn't seem fine this morning."

Cassius looked a little shocked. "Do you care about how I am feeling?"

Harry nodded immediately as if it was obvious. "Of course."

"Why?" Cassius frowned in confusion. "Why do you care?"

"I don't know." Harry shrugged with furrowed brows. "I just do. I'm worried that you're not okay."

Cassius took a drag from the cigarette, then exhaled smoke. "I'm fine, Harry." His voice grew soft.

Harry nodded, then sat down next to him on the bed. He took the cigarette from him, putting it in the ash tray. "You should quit that, Cassius."

"You want me to quit?"

"Yeah. It's bad for your health."

Cassius nodded, smiling slightly. "I'll quit, then."

"Really? That easy?" Harry asked in confusion. "Regulus has probably been telling you to do that since you started."

Cassius rolled his eyes. "Where are they, anyway?"

"Out." Harry answered, looking at him, noticing the fact that Cassius was looking anywhere but at him. "Why don't you look at me?"

The boy next to him turned his head in his direction, looking into his eyes. "Happy?" He whispered after a few seconds, not looking away from the green eyes that were staring into his grey ones.

Harry let out a shaky sigh, mentally cursing himself for it. "Yes."

"Anything else?"

Kiss me, Harry wanted to say. He bit his lip to stop himself from saying it. All he did was shake his head instead.

Cassius looked away and looked at the roof of his room, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

When he opened his eyes, he noticed Harry putting some scar ointment on his own hand, at the place the bandage used to be.

"Umbridge didn't try anything again?"

Harry shook his head, answering Cassius, "Not yet. I doubt that was the end of it, though."

"You should tell Dumbledore if she tries it again."

Harry didn't answer.

Cassius took Harry's hand, rubbing in the scar ointment for him. Ignoring his fast beating heart, Cassius asked, "What does this do, again?"

"It just helps." Harry muttered, his breathing quickening. "Cassius?"

The boy next to him hummed in question. He looked up when he was done, but didn't let go of Harry's hand. Instead, he held it.

Cassius swallowed thickly, then let out a deep breath. "What are you doing to me, Harry?" He whispered softly, looking into the boy's eyes.

"What are you doing to me, Cassius Black?"

Cassius' lips turned into a smile, which faded away almost immediately. He let go of Harry's hand with a sigh, looking away from him.

Harry frowned. Hesitantly, he put a hand on Cassius' jaw, turning the boy's head to look at him.

Cassius put a hand around Harry's wrist, taking Harry's hand away from his jaw. Then, he let go.

"Why?" whispered Harry. "Why do you push me away like that?"

"Like what?" Cassius feigned ignorance.

Harry shook his head and stood up, walking out of the room without a word.

Cassius let out a groan when the door closed, slapping his forehead. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

When Harry was in his own room, he closed the door and sat down on his bed, taking off his glasses and putting them on his bedside table.

He let out a disappointed and hurt groan, slapping his forehead. "Stupid." He said. "Stupid. Stupid."

How could a guy like Cassius Black ever like someone like Harry Potter?

Harry laid down in bed, letting out a sigh.