𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

THE next few weeks passed by in a blur. Right now, it was the first Quidditch game of the season; Slytherin VS Ravenclaw. Cassius took his Quidditch uniform out of his locker and ignored everyone— who were changing in the locker room— and walked into the bathroom to change.

When he was done, he walked back into the locker room, where everyone was ready. "We're going to crush those ravens."

"Their House is actually an eagle." One of the beaters pointed out, earning a glare from Theo, Blaise, and Draco.

"Let's just go," muttered Cassius with a shake of his head.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"—aaand on the Slytherin team we have the chasers; Theodore Nott, Draco Malfoy—" the commentator, Harry Potter, was saying.

Cassius tuned him out but had to do a double-look, looking shocked at who was the commentator. He looked even more shocked when he noticed Sirius and Regulus in the stands, wearing Slytherin scarves.

"—and their seeker; Cassius Black." Harry finished a few seconds later, catching Cassius' attention again.

"Shake hands," Madam Hooch instructed, looking at the two seekers.

Cho Chang held a hand out, waiting for the boy in front of her to shake it.

Cassius took it and shook it once, then let go and flew into the air with his new broom.

"And they're up! Personally, I do hope the Slytherins fall and break their brooms like they did to us—" joked Harry, earning a small chuckle from Cassius.

"Potter!" Professor McGonagall scolded.

"—but y'know, whatever. Got new brooms out of that. Anddd Blaise Zabini caught the quaffle. He passes it to Theodore Nott— who passes it to Draco Malfoy— and they score! 10 points to Slytherin!"

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"Who do you think will win?" Sirius asked his longtime best friend with a grin, having missed him.

Remus Lupin smiled. "Slytherin, for sure. Cassius is a great seeker."

"Not better than me though, right?" Harry said, turning around as he looked at the men.

"Potter! Get back to commentating!" Professor McGonagall shook her head.

Harry saluted sarcastically. "Yes, Ma'am." He said, going back to commentating immediately.

Regulus tuned the commentating out. He frowned, looking at Remus. "How long has he been playing quidditch?"

"Since first year like Harry. Snape and McGonagall saw potential in the boys, so they were allowed to join the teams." Remus answered, then also frowned. "You didn't know?"

Regulus didn't answer, going back to watching the game with a frown. It wasn't that he was a bad father. He tried to be a great father. And he was, actually. If he had a father like himself growing up, he wouldn't have sought comfort and safety in joining the death eaters. He wouldn't have even thought of joining— but he was forced to by his parents. It would be a lie to say he didn't want it at first, though.

However, he tried to be an understanding parent. He was the only parent Cassius had in his life, after all. But Cassius pushed his father away as much as he could. And Regulus didn't have the heart to argue about that with Cassius, letting the boy do what he wants. It was Regulus' fault Cassius had gone through abuse— or so Regulus thought. Because of the guilt he felt everyday, Regulus tried to argue as little as he could with his son. He didn't want their relationship to break in the end.

As much as Cassius pushed Regulus away, he needed a father. And being a father Cassius needs is what Regulus focuses on most, even if Cassius pushes the man so far to the point that he doesn't realize what kind of a father he has.

Sirius broke the silence after a few minutes, "We should go to Hogsmeade for drinks. The three of us."

Remus nodded. "I like the idea of that."

"Sure," said Regulus when the two looked at him.

"—Slytherin scores again! 30 to 10!" Harry Potter said, catching everyone's attention.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Cassius leaned forward on his broom, a hand out as he tried to catch the snitch that was flying away from him.

He groaned in pain when Cho Chang bumped into his side harshly on purpose, but he didn't pull his hand back.

He leaned forward again, making his broom go as fast as possible. His hands closed around something in the air.

Everyone quietened.

Cassius held out the snitch, showing the fact that he had just caught it.

"Cassius Black caught the snitch!" Harry Potter said in a little pride. "Slytherin wins, motherfuckers!"

"Potter! No more commentating for you!" McGonagall said over Slytherin's cheers, but wasn't heard. "And since when do you want Slytherin to win? Merlin, help us."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"You did great, Cassius!" Sirius enthusiastically said as soon as he saw the boy.

Cassius, who was holding his broom with one hand, his other hand holding his hip almost like he was in pain, said, "Thanks."

Regulus frowned in concern. "Cassius, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." The young boy snapped immediately.

Sirius and Remus shared an eye contact, both of them leaving the father and son together alone.

When they were far enough, Regulus neared his son. "You do not look fine—"

"Since when have you realized when I do not look fine?" Cassius shot back, sighing in regret when Regulus flinched. "Sorry. I didn't mean that."

"Cassius, we really need to have a talk."

"Can it be on Yule? Right now I've got to go back." Cassius motioned towards the locker rooms. "My teammates are waiting and I've got to shower."

Regulus nodded understandingly. "We'll talk on Yule. Congratulations on your win."